Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Public Service Announcement of the Day

Originally posted by LauraP View Post
    don't confuse your glasses cleaner with your Visine...ouch!
    My mom did that once, putting drops in Dad's eyes. Neither one of them could see worth a darn, either before or after that. I can't believe the makers of those products use the same size and kind of bottle for both.

Comment

My SIL put rice on a cake once (thinking it was coconut) spelling "congratulations graduate". The looks that were exchanged! Rice in our family is ever after called "elbow coconut"
      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Do not put your small white plastic squeeze bottle of nail glue in your makeup bag along with your small white squeeze bottle of eye drops. (Yes, I really did this and I have the emergency department bill to prove it)

Comment

I used distilled water instead of vinegar to make a salad dressing. Both were in large plastic jugs. I now store in separate cupboards. DH used salt from my salt pig, on the counter, in his coffee thinking it was sugar.
          Mary Lynn Ontario Canada

Comment

20 people at my home for Christmas this year. I usually put water on the
            bottom of the turkey pan to help make broth for my gravy. I got the "smart idea"
            is use up some extra canned broth, so I substituted it for the water. It condensed while
            the turkey cooked. Made a big
            pot of gravy- opps- it was soooo salty, had to throw it out. Sent my son to the store while
            we all waited.

Comment

My Aunt made my Uncle a beautiful birthday cake - but it tasted awful because she got the sugar and salt mixed up! We never let her forget it!
              Vonnie

Comment

I've laughed and I've cringed and I've laughed again! Thanks for the fun.
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

After finishing 3-11 shift one afternoon, I was asked if I could do a double and cover 11-7 . Called DH to please bring me something to eat. Brought me a great ham& cheese sandwich with a cabbage leaf on it. Kathy
                  All quilts cat tested and approved.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh goodness you guys made me laugh tonight! Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for all the replies...that was really funny! Glad I'm not the only one that makes silly mistakes!
                      Peggiep
                      "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

I did this exact same thing one time when I was cooking at my mom's house. Nothing was labeled and I just grabbed the container and made gravy. Oddly, it was good.

Originally posted by DramaMama View Post
                        Powdered sugar looks a lot like flour when in glass mason jars but tastes quite different in homemade gravy!

Comment

Working...
                        X