Did you staple your jeans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you staple your jeans...

when you were a teen? I did. Then my girls would ask mom 'can you hem this' right before running to the bus. I said staple it. I just ran across this and it just brought back so many memories.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2814818497797268/
    🌺 Lorie

Re: Did you staple your jeans...

No, but a couple times I used a buttoneer(?) to do a quick fix on my girls' school uniforms
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I laughed at the fashion tastes of the teenagers I taught when the hot trend was to safety pin the lower leg of the jeans to make them skinnier.

Comment

No but my dd did!

Comment

Mine were always too short. Back then the clothing industry assumed all women wore the same length in jeans. Guys jeans fit funny but at least I could get them long enough.
          Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by bakermom View Post
            No, but a couple times I used a buttoneer(?) to do a quick fix on my girls' school uniforms
            I am pretty sure I just sent my husband grandmother's Buttoneer (both of them) to Goodwill!
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

When I was a teen jeans were called dungarees and girls/women only wore them camping or to do dirty jobs. We wore skirts/dresses to school. I know....can you believe it!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                When I was a teen jeans were called dungarees and girls/women only wore them camping or to do dirty jobs. We wore skirts/dresses to school. I know....can you believe it!
                Oh yeah! It was a big deal when girls were allowed to wear "dress pants" and boys could wear jeans as long as they weren't blue!
                “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I must be older than dirt - we were not allowed to wear jeans or any other pants to school when I was growing up. Skirts/dresses!! And in cold weather we could wear those hideous brown leggings that were scratchy and had to be held up by a garter belt. In fact, when I started working I wasn't allowed to wear pants of any kind to work until sometime in the mid 70's. Mind you, mini skirts were okay but don't put on long pants! It just wasn't lady-like.

(I still have a buttoneer hanging on the pegboard in my sewing room).
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

LOL... ok. I was thinking about this, trying to remember if I ever stapled.... then I remembered that I used to wear my jeans so tight that there would be no way to grab anything to staple... um. yeah.

Comment

I don't remember stapling jeans but I do remember turning them under to make them the right length.

Sandy, I must be old too. I remember when wearing pant suits was the new thing. My sister wore a pant suit to school and they sent her home.. She took off the pants and wore the top back and that was just fine.

Comment

In grade school we had to wear dresses too, until....one of our classmates (she lived up the street from me) house caught fire. She had to wear pants to school. The conversation about school wear started after that. The girls won.
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                        X