Tumor Rears It´s Ugly Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tumor Rears It´s Ugly Head

The biopsy results are back. My dad has hepatocellular carcinoma. It is about softball sized. He is going to the University Hospital next week. The doctors have given him some hope now. They are saying that surgery may be an option. Second option would be a possible liver transplant and then other things after that. Hopefully they can do surgery as we all know that liver transplants are a difficult list to be on. My dad and stepmom are more optimistic than they have been, now that they have the biopsy results back.

Thanks for all your prayers!

Comment

Keeping you in my thoughts. It is good to have an option! xo

Comment

Dad was started on a chemo pill for the tumor in March but it did not work. So at the beginning of June, he started chemo. After one month of that his blood tests have shown that it is not working either. He and his oncologist talked and they could offer radiation but due to his weakness, age and other medical conditions, the doctor told him that the radiation could kill him. So, dad decided that he will no longer receive treatment and let nature run it's course. He lost two brothers and his father to cancer, so he has seen the rollercoaster of chemo and he does not want to go through that.

I talked to my dad yesterday and for now he is feeling very good, he is eating, no pain and he is able to still do things around the house. He told me not to hurry home right now (I only have August to work before my plant shuts down). I am planning on heading back the first part of September. He has made peace with all of this and is comfortable with his decision. I told him that I also support his decision (which I do). I do not want him to suffer. I have prayed and prayed that he not suffer and he will not. That really comforts me.

Comment

I will be praying for your Dad and your family.....((((HUGS)))) to you.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Prayers of peace and comfort to you and your family.

Comment

I am so sorry for you and your family that this is happening. My husband's family also has a strong family history of cancer, so knowing that, I think the majority who are left believe they will someday die of cancer also. I am sure this is your father's mindset, he probably has suspected for years that this would ultimately happen. I think he has a wonderful attitude. Even without treatment like chemo or radiation the doctors will be able to completely manage his pain so he will not suffer. And that will be a blessing for all of you.

Comment

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
                Karen
                Spring, TX

Comment

I will continue with prayers for him, you and the rest of he family.

Comment

Your father is a very brave and good man to have made this decision, my prayers and thoughts are with you both.

Comment

Prayers for your dad, you and your family.
                      Ginny B
                      Levittown, NY

Comment

I am so sorry about your Dad. I will also say prayers for your Dad, you, and your family.

Comment

My thoughts & prayers for you, your dad, & the family. Enjoy the time you have left with him. Cherish the memories. God bless.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family through this difficult time.
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'm adding my prayers for you, your father and your family. Not an easy road to travel. Praying for the Lord's strength on this journey. Thank you for updating us and allowing us the privilege to pray.
                              💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Thank you all.

I have prayed that He not let my dad suffer and He has done that in that dad will no longer suffer through the sickness of chemo. I have also prayed for comfort and acceptance for all of us and I, myself, have been given a great deal of comfort because of Him.

Comment

Working...
                                X