Tumor Rears It´s Ugly Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tumor Rears It´s Ugly Head

Sending prayers for you and your family...
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear your news. Sending prayers and healing to you and your family.

Comment

So sorry for this news & what you, your dad, & family are facing. You will be in my thoughts & prayers. Please read my post of Oct. 21, 2016, entitled "For Those Facing Cancer & other Challenges." (Sorry, I don't know how to do the link, but you can use the search box.) We have a friend who is going on hospice this mo. Chemo. no longer was effective. The cancer is in his liver, lungs, and throughout his abdomen. His wife is facing open heart surgery this week for an aortic valve replacement. So many are facing challenges in their lives. May God give you the strength as you travel this journey.

Comment

So sorry to hear this - prayers for strength for you and your family as you go through this.
          Cindy

Comment

Adding my prayers for you and your dear dad. This is tough - so sorry

Comment

That is scary. Sending prayers
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Adding my prayers with the others for peace and strength.
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Prayers going your way....
                  Peggiep
                  "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

I will definitely pray for you and your family.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for the thoughts and prayers.

I just talked to my sister, who just talked to Dad. The doctor told him that the tumor is on his liver and it is about 6cm x 12cm, so it's big. They drew more blood today and he is having a liver biopsy done either tomorrow or Thursday. The doctor told him that this tumor may have been there for the past couple of years or so because of the size. I'm thinking maybe it is slow-growing?

Anyway, the doctor told him that at this point they cannot operate because of the size and location of it but they will have more definitive answers and a possible treatment plan after the biopsy. His liver is still functioning normally at this point. He is also going to try and get a second opinion at the University Hospital.

I'll update when I get more info and thanks again for the prayers! You are all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by mommadeb View Post
                        Thanks to all of you for the thoughts and prayers.

I just talked to my sister, who just talked to Dad. The doctor told him that the tumor is on his liver and it is about 6cm x 12cm, so it's big. They drew more blood today and he is having a liver biopsy done either tomorrow or Thursday. The doctor told him that this tumor may have been there for the past couple of years or so because of the size. I'm thinking maybe it is slow-growing?

Anyway, the doctor told him that at this point they cannot operate because of the size and location of it but they will have more definitive answers and a possible treatment plan after the biopsy. His liver is still functioning normally at this point. He is also going to try and get a second opinion at the University Hospital.

I'll update when I get more info and thanks again for the prayers! You are all the best.
                        Isn't the liver the organ that, if you donate to someone who needs one you can give them half, and then your liver regenerates? I thought I had heard that. Anyway, after I read your post yesterday, I told MM and I think it pushed him over the edge to make the decision for surgery. Now I just have to get him to schedule it.

I'll be thinking of your dad and wishing him all the luck in the world.
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I will be praying for your father and for all of your family during this very stressful and trying time.
                          Have a blessed day
                          Pam[/I]
                          [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                            Isn't the liver the organ that, if you donate to someone who needs one you can give them half, and then your liver regenerates? I thought I had heard that. Anyway, after I read your post yesterday, I told MM and I think it pushed him over the edge to make the decision for surgery. Now I just have to get him to schedule it.

I'll be thinking of your dad and wishing him all the luck in the world.
                            Yes, I think you are right. I'm glad to hear that MM decided to move ahead with surgery. I hope he gets it scheduled!

I'm still numb with the news of dad but it is starting to process and I have been close to tears a couple times today. I am going to wait and see what the biopsy results are and then probably schedule a trip home for a couple weeks at this point.

Let us know if MM gets scheduled!!!

Comment

Sending Texas prayers too
                              Patrice S

Comment

Sending prayers for you and you, your dad, and his care team.

\

Comment

Working...
                                X