Monday a new day and the start of a new week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday a new day and the start of a new week

Good morning friends. Well I finally got a jump on the cleaning of the sewing room. I also found two large bins with treasures inside. I had forgotten I had them, went through them and have filled a garbage bag to take to the church (second hand shop).

My friend Lynda brought me a machine yesterday and I have been tinkering trying to get it going. It is a Singer 6268 (it's an embroidery machine, but attachments are NOT included). I shall tinker a little more with it and if I can't get her purring I may have to get her looked at. I think this one is a keeper.

My mojo hasn't returned just yet, so I will just keep organizing in the sewing room today. There are so many things to do and I just haven't got the gumpshun.

On that note, have a great day everyone. I hope those affected by the ice storm are seeing some melting. No matter what stay safe.
    Last edited by Monique; January 16, 2017, 06:15 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Monday a new day and the start of a new week

Monique, you seem to be a sewing machine magnet! I hope you can get the latest one running. My sewing mojo hasn't resurfaced yet either. Not to worry, it comes back with a vengeance.

At last we took down our Christmas tree and other decorations. One or two trips to the storage unit and it will be a done deal until December.

Our weather has improved and we are actually going to have some mild weather later this week.

Wishing everyone a great Monday.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Monday Morning.
      I am sewing but take many breaks. My heart isn't really in it but don't know the reason why.
      More snow last night.
      Hope all of you have a good day.

Comment

Morning all! Its a chilly 17 degrees this morning. I am the only one headed out to work today. Son is off and Hubby is off for MLK day. Worked some on my garden path runner yesterday but too much hopping up and down to press and I was not feeling it. We have an ice warning for tomorrow so maybe a day off? Not much else going on. Found some good movies to watch on netflix only to find out they have only been released in DVD so far. WE stream netflix and gave up the DVD part as too expensive for little we used it.
        Monique hope you get the machine purring like a kitten. Have a wonderful day all many hugs.
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have got to get into my sewing room and unpack/organize! Although, I will have to partially empty the room just to move around! I also have to engage job searching again!!! UGH!
          Halona is off school today....maybe she'll help me with all that needs to be done? HA HA!
          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

UGH - had to weigh in this morning. Not good. Another gain - again. Not good. Will really try to work harder. Hate this struggle. Tried to work on my SS project last night. Making a sample one first to see how it comes out. Then, will pick the material I want it to be. Isn't too difficult, it's just getting in the mood to work on it. It's a "balmy" 55 degrees now - supposed to go into the 60's for the rest of the week. Rain possible every day. At least it isn't ice or snow. Going to put on a white chicken chile for supper tonight. Got the recipe from Bush baked beans website. They have a museum about 45 min away from us - very interesting. Had a sample in their restaurant - was good. Hopefully, mine will turn out as good. If it does, will post it.

Have a fantastic day all- be safe, be warm.

Comment

Good morning all! Being iced in ( not really!) got my sewing quilting mojo into high gear! I got a lot finished this weekend! Still have one more to do, then I need to start on some costumes!

Ice is melted here, daughter visited over the weekend for her annual retreat with friends, but we are chilling out right now before she has to go back to Atlanta later today! Gosh, I miss her so much!q

Comment

It's snowing here! 36 deg., so it's a wet, heavy snow. It looks like almost 3" on the picnic table. They said 1-4" for the storm total. The snow was supposed to go mostly down through SE Colo., but it looks like we got an upslope condition which is giving us some of the white stuff. A good day to stay in, warm, & sew!

I'm working on a D9P. It's assorted fabrics from FQs I've had in my stash for quite a while. I laid out the 7 blocks on the floor; it's not looking too bad. I wasn't sure how all the fabrics would blend. Five more blocks to go. I finished the FMQ & binding on the windmill quilt. I just need to hand tack the corners & add a label. My border fabric for the Prairie Flower "Forever Love" quilt came from M* last week, so now I can finish that project. I want to do more practicing with the curved rulers before I tackle the quilting on the Broken Orange Peel quilt. Plenty to keep me busy for a long time.

I have friends flying this a.m. from Minneapolis to Denver. I'm hoping & praying their flights will be ok. Well, time to get some breakfast & get on with my day.

Comment

Morning everyone....I think "Blue Monday" has everyone down.
                  Although I spent some time in the sewing room this morning, and completed a fabric basket to organize some of my stuff, I really can't settle down to do anything big. Haven't even thought about what I am going to do for the SS January theme. I have printed off all 4 of Pat Sloan's Solstice Challenge BOM's but just don't feel like cutting them out. There are tons of things I would like to create, but I can't settle on anything! Have to shake this off and get motivated!
                  On a brighter note, I was looking out the back window this morning and a beautiful red fox strolled in, sniffed around for awhile and mosied on to greener (maybe whiter) pastures. He was absolutely gorgeous and something we rarely see!
                  Off to make myself a cup of tea and get something accomplished!
                  Have a wonderful day with hugs all around.

Peggie
                  Peggiep
                  "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Hi all. I'm close to Patsquilting, so my weather is the same. 60 and cloudy. That's the only thing I don't like about east TN. The winters are not that cold, but days are filled with clouds and gray skies. I really miss going to FL and sunshine. Well, maybe I will get used to it or we'll find a condo to rent next winter. Meanwhile, I need to get my house in order and do the laundry today. Then to tackle the bonus room and get things organized for a garage sale in April. Also need to clean the new windows while it's warm. Sounds like a long busy week, and no time for sewing. I am stitching down a binding in the evenings, and have 2 more to go. I want to get caught up on things in case this hip gives out and I have to have surgery before I plan it!

Comment

Its sort of an overcast day here but nice. I put Sammy Jo bird outside and she is happy. The sun is peeking thru the forest now and I might even get the windows on the south side of the house washed so I will enjoy it. I'm just sitting here wasting my day with coffee and the forum though. I guess I feel like I want to rest after such a slow weekend at the restaurant. Got to call the refrigeration man and see why the freezer won't get cold.
                      Have a ninepatch swap under the feeddogs to quilt and would like to get in there, but the house needs spiffing up or I will feel guilty.
                      You all are doing so many good sewing projects and I just want to get as good as you are one day. Practice practice practice. You think that might work.
                      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                      Terry

Comment

Hi all!
                        It's now lunch time and the last day of my retreat. I must say I was very productive this time and finished a few UFO's that have been lingering in the sewing room far too long.
                        Got caught up with all my girlfriend's and what has been going on in their lives since our last get together. Will head home tomorrow and will miss all these good meals I haven't had to cook!
                        Well, lunch is ready, hot minestrone soup today and fresh rolls.
                        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                        X