Facebook frustrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Facebook frustrations

Did you know that if you did a search on your screen name that (if it is unique enough) a search result is a link to your M* Profile? So I agree that FB may be more secure than here. I think I'll modify or remove some info.

Comment

Originally posted by cashs mom View Post
      At least you can try, Lynda. FB tracks everything. It doesn't matter what your "privacy settings" are. FB still knows and uses the information that you put on there any way that they want. I know there are good things about FB. I have access thru and friend's account, but rarely use it. I don't like a lot of the aspects of FB. So I guess I'll just lose out on some things but I have more peace of mind that FB geeks are tracking what I do and say.

But in reply to the OP's original post, I find using FB only extremely annoying and have told some small vendors I've met that. Who knows if it matters but I did tell them.
      I hate to tell you this, but if you think your personal info is safe on this forum, it's not.

Comment

Mischiefkat, this will happen when you post to a forum as well. Often when I search for something quilty a result will come up that is a post from a quilting forum. So it's not just FB.

Now you could argue that FB has your real name while we often don't do that for our forum names, but I know plenty of people on FB who do not use their whole or real name.

And I agree with you Judy. I keep all info on any site I join to an absolute minimum with little to no personal information.
        Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

How many websites besides FB ask you for your phone number?

Comment

I think anyplace where you want to purchase something asks for you phone number but other then that I don't see a lot of it. I get annoyed when they keep asking for you cell phone number too.

Back in the day when we had newsgroups instead of twitter, FB social media I can recall when Google started the data base to keep anything that was ever written to archive. People were upset. You can still get those posts. It was one of the reasons many people used pseudo names. What is getting some people madder these days is that so much information is being data mined on people by our own government through places like FB etc. Sad that we seem to be so ready to give so much of this information freely and without thought. I think a lot of people would be aghast at what they would find if they did more than an elementary "search" on their own names.
            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Working...
            X