Facebook frustrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook frustrations

Good Morning, All: Yes, I think facebook has some good qualities and features. BUT, I do not use facebook. Will not sign up to it. It also has BAD features (tracking of what is written too public) (OK, so I can be paranoid) - so I do not use it. Unfortunately, I am not able to view many things sent using that method. I have also found out that some quilt shops now only use facebook and no longer use e-mail to send out notices - I was told by one shop "our vendors are requiring us to do this". Well, you sent e-mail notices of classes, special sales, etc in the past and it is still functionable, why can't you please put me on your e-mail list. Have tried many times, still not on it - therefore, I don't want to go into that shop anymore. It makes me feel like they don't want me to know what is available and doesn't want me to be there for those classes. I know I am not the only person that does not use facebook - so if there is a way around it, please let me know? OK, sorry for rant, but some days it gets to me.

Re: Facebook frustrations

I despise FB for those very reasons.

Comment

I too feel that way about FB. I do belong to one group. The NCW addicts group but I have everything locked down tight. or at least I hope I do.
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

You can sign up and not give any information. The only time I write something is to say thanks for a birthday greeting.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I don't think your being paranoid about face book . I also refuse to have a FB account. What is wrong with sending you information by email. Seems to me its laziness on the part of the shop.
          Another one of my pet peeves is asking for my phone number and wanting to text me the receipt. I figure its just annoying sneeky way to get my phone number. I get enough spam calls. The one that I hate I am getting now is when they call and ask for a random person and you tell them they have the wrong number. Then they start trying to sell to you. I block them and they still call using another number.

Comment

I dislike FB, too, and I only have an account to keep track of my Grands.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks - I knew I wasn't alone!!

Comment

The information I post on Facebook is more private than the information I post here....
                Mary
                SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Putting one notice on Facebook is SO much easier for shops and that is why they do it. You can set up your privacy settings in Facebook like everything else. There is nothing to be afraid of with Facebook. In fact, there are some awesome groups there. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Mpyles View Post
                    The information I post on Facebook is more private than the information I post here....
                    Actually, no, it isn't. FB tracks you and throws up ads depending on what you view, and send that info to other sites too. This website doesn't.

Comment

So does the web browsers we use. My statement was intended for the content that "I" post is more private on Facebook to the public than it is on here.

And the content I view is purely quilting and crafting...so I'm fine with that!
                      Mary
                      SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

My husband does security work for computers, has for well over twenty years. Facebook is absolutely forbidden in our household. It is anything but safe. It is not just a matter of them monitoring your post, but what and who they allow to see those post. You can check anything you like about security settings, it means very little in reality. Simply tell the shop owner what you posted here, if they are really concerned about business they will continue with their email system.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have learned my lesson with facebook tracking and do not go there. I did not close my account. I just don't go there. My children know that if they want me to see pictures, they can text them to me. I refuse for this to be my contact point for socialization. On second thought...first time I get a chance I may just go in and cancel the account altogether.
                          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                          Terry

Comment

I have never had a problem with FB I have been with them for many years. I am able to keep up with family and friends this way,

Comment

Facebook is something I resisted until a quilt group was only available there. So I got involved for that and I will not "friend" anyone. Not even family. For those of you who think you have insured privacy on FB think again. Did you know FB tracks you even when you are signed out?

Comment

Working...
                              X