Sewing Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewing Help

Hello, I'm new to the boards and am a new quilter, sewer. I have made several quilts and I love it! But I've started a new project, kitchen curtains! I'm replicating the attached curtains and am having a hard time finding that little strip of black with the bow on it that separates the sections. Is it ribbon? I can't find anything quite like it. Can anyone tell me what that little strip is called and where I might find something similar? I've looked at fabric that I could cut and sew, but I can't find anything like it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated like!
    Attached Files

Re: Sewing Help

On my Kindle, it looks like it is a single piece of fabric that is printed that way.
    The scissors are cropped oddly. It may be the seam allowance, but if it is ribbon, I would have laid it over the seam and top-stitched it down.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I agree that it looks like it is printed on the fabric. But you certainly could use ribbon, rick-rack, or some other type of trim in the same way.

Comment

Or, if you have an embroidery machine, you could embroider a design across it.
        Vonnie

Comment

I agree that it looks like a printed design. This store doesn't have exactly the same thing but there are some darling black and white ribbons. https://www.ribbonresource.com/
          Quilters never die, they just go batts.

Comment

It almost looks like the curtains are a panel fabric; all one piece meant to be made into cafe curtains.

Comment

Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
              It almost looks like the curtains are a panel fabric; all one piece meant to be made into cafe curtains.
              That's what it looks like to me, too.
              Patrice S

Comment

Working...
              X