Happy Tuesday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Tuesday!

Good morning friends. I am the only one up so far. Well I wasn't all that productive yesterday. I did get my haida art whale started with help from my friends. I wanted to start the ncw but it was getting late and I was tired. Going to give it another try today. We are expecting snow here today and we may be going to the quilt store later.

Off to get coffee, catch you later. Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Happy Tuesday!

Good morning everyone. So far this week has been a large disappointment.

I had my 6 week follow up physio appointment yesterday. I was hoping to get the ok to start to run after 5 months off and that didn't happen. Back to the drawing board. Have to see him again in 2 weeks. Sigh.

Yesterday my latest M* order arrived which seemed awfully light for 7 yards of fabric. When I opened it I found the other item I ordered, the Winter Block magazine and a note that my order has been split up into multiple shipments. However, when I reviewed the My Account section on their site, it still shows as Not Shipped with N/A (not available). I'm pretty sure they are out of stock and since it is an older fabric they likely can't get more. I would like my $73.15 back then please. Tried emailing and they say they are 3-4 days behind. Tried to call and got put on hold. Sigh. I need this fabric to make a quilt for my friend and I thought I would be able to get it from them.

On a positive, I attended the first of four classes called Secrets of a Patchwork Pro on Saturday. The class is to teach us cutting shortcuts, etc. So far, it was interesting.

We're currently getting up to 10" of snow. I was supposed to have coffee with a friend but cancelled. I was worried about her, not me as I drive through lots of stuff all the time.

Have a happy and safe day everyone.

Comment

Good morning Monique and all to follow. Chilly morning again here today and I'm sitting here looking at really large icicles hanging off the back of my neighbors house. We are supposed to warm up considerably (into the 50's) over the next couple of days so the snow and ice should be disappearing.

We are going to start packing for the trip to California on Friday. I've got the soft blocks all finished and ready to go. I've got to remember to take a picture of them before packing them up.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Keep warm.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning, all! We got a warm wind blowing in overnight, but that won't last! I see a big sea of green on the weather map heading our way, so rain is on it's way!

I need to get my quilting mojo on to finish some quilts! Need to quilt a bunch of tops and I started a double slice overnight when I couldn't sleep!, need to cut them in half for the second slice and then arrange them and sew the blocks together! Need to get away from the darn computer to get down to business!

Have a great day!

Comment

Morning Everyone. Jeff, has an early morning apt with the doctor, so we will be leaving soon. We are having high winds and most of our ice and all of our snow is gone, but we are getting more the end of the week.

Monique and Cathy F, enjoy your retreats. I may retreat to NY some day soon to hang out with Cathy. We are truly sisters of the thread.

I need to feed the Girls and get us on the road to Houston...have a safe day everyone.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning, Everyone ~ We nearly blew away yesterday! Whew! Such high winds. It was our garbage pick-up day, but they didn't come. I read in the paper this a.m. that they canceled pick-up due to the winds. Everyone's toters were blowing over & papers were flying. Some of the foothills/mtn. areas had gusts up to 100 mph. There were 90 mph winds N of us which blew down someone's barn. That warm Chinook wind really ate up the snow. It's all gone except where it was piled up. It got up to 66 deg. yest.

After breakfast I'll be headed out for groceries. Organic Fuji apples are on sale, so I want to stock up on those before the sale ends. Even though I won't patronize Whole Foods much, they do carry the Wellshire Farms turkey bacon that I like. I'll make sure I have enough cash on hand.

I sandwiched/basted another baby quilt & started the FMQ yest. afternoon. I'm using my newly purchased Glide thread (Amethyst color). It seems to be working quite well. I like the way it looks. It's a bit tricky winding the bobbins on the winder for my Tiara. My latest order of curved rulers came yest. afternoon. Now I need to do more practicing with those. I also got my order of slotted M bobbins, so I think I'm well stocked. The only order pending is the one from M*, a DD & some yardage. I'm not in a hurry for either.

Monique, have fun at your quilting retreat. A good day to everyone.

Comment

Good morning everyone!

I had a productive day yesterday and managed to sew a new zipper into one of DH's jerseys. It works and it looks ok too so that is good. DH became sick last night and may have the flu. His mother had it for the last few weeks and in fact I'm supposed to teach her how to use an inhaler this morning. I didn't get much sleep on the couch so I think I'll go lie down for a little while more before she comes over. I hope all of you have a wonderful day!

Jeannette

Comment

JCY - So glad to know you made it thru the wind storm safely. I read a news report that even some semi-trucks were toppled over due to the strong winds in your area.

I guess I can't complain about our weather in the Great Pacific Northwest, compared to so many of you dealing with winds, snow, and ice...what's a bit of rain and cold. Hope everyone is able to keep safe & warm!

Last night I met with my X-DIL for coffee. Although she & my DS have been divorced for six years, we have remained very close and get together as often as we can, just the two of us, to catch up and visit. So last night, no work got done in the sewing room.

Tonight, I hope to get my flannel log cabin quilt sandwiched, so I can start quilting it. I am so looking forward to snuggling under it.

Comment

Morning all,
                  It started out to be a good morning with a quick trip to the quilt store for some thread and batting to take with me on my retreat. Much to my surprise my credit card was denied...What!!! Since I'm always in the store they put it on my tab and said next time I come in I could pay them. My quilt shop is the best!! Go home and sure enough message on phone from credit card company, so I call and yup, my card was compromised.
                  Had to close out the card and wait for a new one in 3-5 business days. Grrrrr, why does this happen before I'm traveling.
                  Our temps are starting to warm and snow is beginning to melt a bit.
                  Barb, I think this is the year we will get together! Wouldn't that be great!

Well, off to have e a cup of coffee and a chocolate donut to sooth my disgust at whoever charged on my credit card.
                  If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                  X