Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday hello

Morning all,
    Well our 2-3" prediction of snow turned out to be about a foot of snow. My husband is out with the snowblower clearing the walk and driveway, and clearing a path for our ferral cats to their food dish.

Weatherman predicts warmer temps by middle of the week so the snow may be gone (hopefully) before long.

Today is a good day to stay in with a good book by a nice sunny window. Hoping everyone who was in the path of this snow is staying warm and if you must me on the roads your safe. Don't know if my granddaughter made it to Florida yet, she was re- scheduled for last night but looks like that flight may have been cancelled.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Re: Sunday hello

A foot of snow is no fun! No snow here but it was -10F last night 6F when I woke up. Warming up now at 12F ! Stay warm everyone. I'm off to start some cooking.

Comment

It was 39 when we left for church this am. That didn't include the windchill. The sun is out, temp is up to 59,but the air is still chilly. Don't know what the weather will be tonight. Was going to stay in & work on a UFO today, I had a phone call this morning. This little voice asks me if DH &I would like to come to dinner this afternoon. So we will eat chicken & dumplings. I can sew without worrying about stopping to cook. Have a great day everyone. Stay warm and safe. Kathy
      All quilts cat tested and approved.
      sigpic

Comment

Hi....Cathy, a foot of snow!! Some of our snow is gone but the layer of ice underneath isn't budging. It's only 18 here today. Jeff drove me to the grocery store today and I picked up some chicken and ground beef. I have a pot of chili cooking right now and the house smells great. On our next trip to Cuba I will pick up some good meat. The grocery store there has a real meat department with real butchers...three generations of the same family.

My sewing room is a mess. I'm wondering how that's possible with no sewing going on.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone...
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Although there was a chance of snow in our forcast, none made it my way. So in anticipation of potential slippery roads, I stayed in all weekend and pieced my long awaited flannel log cabin quilt. Itching to get it sandwiched and quilted, but think my shoulders need good rest before I start.

Comment

We were above freezing today, finally. It was +12 deg. this a.m. Still plenty cold. It was my first venture out since our snow last week when we got 8.5". There's quite a bit of snow at the driveway entrance & along the curbs. I was able to plow through it with my older model Mercury Grand Marquise when I left for church. It was my Sunday to play the organ. When I came home, I made several passes to flatten down the snow. The middle of the street is compact snow/ice & is like a washboard. The main streets are clear. The city does not plow residential streets--only the main drags--unless there are 12" or more. Our temp. now at noon is 56 deg., which is a BIG improvement!

I plan to do more FMQ today with that new Glide quilting thread. I want to finish the binding on the alphabet baby quilt. I hope everyone stays warm & safe.

Comment

Not done any sewing today. Went to church this morning and had our main meal when I got back. An afternoon nap in the chair and then back to church for music practice followed by the evening service.
              No snow here but we don't always get it during the winter in this part of England. For those who have had snow and/or ice, please stay safe and warm.

Comment

Working...
              X