Lesson in the frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesson in the frost

When I opened my mini blinds this morning a huge blessing and lesson was discovered. Through the night, icy frost made a beautiful design on my storm door glass! Upon close inspection I found shapes of all sizes and kinds......snowflakes, leaves, feathers, stars, flowers......tiny, little, wee, middle sized. God in his infinite wisdom painted a beautiful artwork right where He knew I would see it! It opened my eyes, heart, and thoughts of design. Not only can you mix sizes, shapes, and designs......it is gorgeous! I struggle with perfection and uniformity. Here is a mismatch of design.....gorgeous in its imperfection. Kind of perfectly imperfect! Now to sketch and quilt these ideas before they melt away!

Re: Lesson in the frost

I had frost all over my bedroom window this a.m., too. It was -12 here this a.m.

Comment

Look closely and see what shapes you can discover.

Comment

Yesterday morning, while sitting in my car waiting for the windshield to defrost, I glanced out the driver's side window, and noticed that where the moisture had slid down the window with each drop freezing, the frost looked like tall skinny pines trees, and the entire window looked like a mountain side forest of white.

Absolutely beautiful!

Comment

All we have to do is look and use our imaginations to see all the beauty that is out there in the world. I love the first frosts of the season when the tree branches are covered with the frost. A picture just doesn't do it justice, but I just sit at the table and look outside to see the beauty there---and it is free!!!

Comment

Hope you grabbed the camera for a few pictures.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Took pictures and sketched out some designs for future quilts. I just shut the blinds and the art is still there! It is so cold here today.

Comment

Working...
              X