Friday hellos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday hellos!

Good morning, we are in a deep freeze here right now. At least the sun has been shining.

I didn't do much yesterday. I did make it to town and get some bills paid. Got a few groceries as well. I really need to get into my sewing room but I haven't found my mojo yet. I also need to start gathering supplies for the retreat next week.

There are still some people around here without electricity. I hope they get it back and soon.

Have a great day everyone and stay warm.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Friday hellos!

Morning,

We are recovering from the plumbing issue that flooded part of our kitchen yesterday. It was a simple fix but it sure created an awful mess.

Our large freezer in the laundry room went out probably sometime in the night. We have lost hundreds of dollars worth of food. I guess we will go freezer shopping tomorrow if the roads allow. It seems like every day we have a new problem around here. It's a great life if you don't weaken!!

Isn't today's tutorial cute! I can't have a cat because of the Girls but I sure can have a cat quilt.

I hope everyone is safe, warm & well. Hugs, Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning all
      Snowing here right now - shouldn't amount to too much; I'm going to head out to the gym soon.
      I took down the tree yesterday, and put the living room back in order I've decided that I need another table runner on the dresser in the living room, now that I've put the 'Christmas-y' one away!! I may actually pull out some fabric today. I also would love to make the Variable Star quilt that Angela Walters made on her Midnight Quilt Show - I may pull some fabric for that as well!

I was in Costco the other day, and purchased some of those square rubber floor mats that interlock. I'm going to put them around my cutting table so that when I'm standing there cutting or making a quilt sandwich for a while, it's less tedious. (maybe I'll actually get the queen quilt for my own bed sandwiched... the top has been done for a year (?)!)
      Have a great weekend all!

Comment

Barb, I believe that as long as you don't open the freezer, your food should be fine as it keeps the cold in.

Comment

good morning,
          sorry to about y'all nasty weather makes me appreciate our weather at 55 degrees right now which for us here in FL is a bit cold.

well my rotator cuff surgery yesterday went good. had a lot of bleeding last night so i called the doc at 2am woke him up, but i guess that's the price of being a surgeon. will be going in today for them to inspect and change the bandages, which was originally schedule for next week. it doesn't surprise me as i bleed very easily.

i/m a bit miffed at the nurse that took the tape off my face and neck they were told before i went under to remove gently because of my thin skin. i look like someone punched all over.

the pain is being controlled pretty good with meds. overall i came threw it all good so feel very blessed

i might even see if i can use only right hand to sew some pieces together. well this is tough typing with one hand.

i pray for those of you with your weather and hope you all can stay safe inside.

please ignore my type-O's
          Have a blessed day
          Pam[/I]
          [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lyndaj View Post
            Barb, I believe that as long as you don't open the freezer, your food should be fine as it keeps the cold in.
            Our food was already defrosted and liquid gushed out when we opened the door. We bagged what we thought we might be able to salvage and it's on the patio outside. Now if the stray dogs and cats will leave it alone. Dottie is on full alert at the patio window.

Jeff thinks the defrost unit didn't shut off and the fan motor seems really loud. We will know more when he gets home. It may be time for a new freezer.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I've had a frig go out and it did defrost even though shut. It was a Sunday and we were up and out of the house at 7 am for a car show. We came home about 4 hot and tired. I opened the freezer to get some ice and water dumped on my feet. Never a good thing. Luckily, we didn't have much in there and I was able to cook the meat and keep the dogs frozen food cold so it was okay to feed thanks to a few coolers, a lot of ice and some wonderful neighbors. But it was a mess.

It's cold here for us. It's under 40 now and my heat is out. The house isn't too bad though. It was 62 when I got up. I have to go to the office for a while, i"m just hoping the heating guy comes soon!
              Last edited by cashs mom; January 6, 2017, 09:47 AM.
              Patrice S

Comment

Good morning all! Barb, sorry to hear about your freezer going out. How upsetting to lose so much food, hopefully the bagged food on the patio will be good. Around here we have been having things break often lately. It's very frustrating for sure.

I worked on blocks yesterday for the sticks and stones quilt and will head up soon to my sewing room to continue. I will have one ear listening for the UPS truck as the Lori Holt Farm Girl Vintage book is set to arrive today! I am looking forward to starting the first block tonight!!
                Keep safe and have a good day!!
                I am a quilter and my house is in pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  sorry to about y'all nasty weather makes me appreciate our weather at 55 degrees right now which for us here in FL is a bit cold.
                  I have to smile. Please take no offence. In November 2015 we went to Disney with my daughter's marching band. Upon our arrival it was 90 degrees and humid. The next day it super poured and the temps dropped into the 50's. While tuning into the morning forecast the weather man said, "Parents make sure you put your children in their winter coats with hats and gloves today." My roommate and I started busting out laughing. At first we were dismayed of what we heard but once it sank in, oh my, what a laugh. On the flip side though I can not tolerate 90 degrees plus with humidity. A dry heat I can tolerate, but humidity...no. We do get that kind of weather up here in the summer time and it has my daughter and I running towards the beach.

Comment

Barb, I am so sorry to hear about your flood in the kitchen and freezer. Maybe you could can the food up? Pam sure will be praying for a fast recovery. Lacey so excited you will be doing the sew along.

It's -49 with windchill here this am. I try to keep the chores on the farm broke up into sections so I don't have to be out to long, mostly my face gets cold. Hoping to work on some curtains for the motor home today and I need to work some more on de-hoarding my attic. When it's difficult to get out the Christmas decorations or put them away it's time to declutter. If I am good, I hope to work on the next sew along block for the Farm Girl.

Have a Groovy Day!

Comment

Oh, joy, the sunshine is back today! But what bitter cold! We had 24 hrs. of snow, which resulted in 8.5". Fortunately little wind, so no drifting. God bless our snow angel from church who shoveled for us. It cleared last night. Our low temp. this a.m. was -12 deg.! Brrrr. We're supposed to have a slow warming trend over the next few days, but it will take quite a while for all this snow to melt. It's sure pretty to look at, but it's nice to be inside where it's warm.

Barb, so sorry about your freezer going out. What a disappointment. When we had our flood in Sept. 2013 & had to evacuate our home & were gone 2 days, the power to our neighborhood was turned off. I lost nothing in the freezer, & almost everything in the frig. was ok. I threw out only a few things. The ice cream & some frozen fruit had melted & run down. We felt very fortunate at the minimal food loss. Thank God the flood waters did not reach our home. Close, but we were spared. I think you've had more than your share of hard times lately!

I bought today's DD + another charm pack of the same fabric. It's hard to make much of a quilt with just 1 charm pack. I also bought some yardage for the border of my Prairie Flower quilt as well as a couple panels. I had no idea M* carried so many lovely panels! I had fun browsing.

I have the FMQ on the alphabet baby quilt almost finished. I just need to do the border & one small section on the body. It will be a nice quilt for a baby boy.

Well, time to get on with my day.

Comment

Hi all!

Yep, its bitter cold here but the snow on the ground and every where else is so pretty! Fresh snow is so beautiful!

As far as sewing goes. I have no mojo for it. When I do sit down at my machine I will sew for a little bit but then out of no where I find myself drifting off and bored out of my mind. I have been working on a disappearing hour glass 2 pattern for over a year. Slowly I am getting somewhere but not like I used to do. I am however, anticipating this upcoming semester. Yesterday I bought my books for school and cried at the cost. Well, I mostly cried because I just paid my credit card off. My credit card was crying too but my credit card company was probably rejoicing. At least I know it will not sit on my card long because my work is supposed to be reimbursing me from last semester. Hope it does not take them till the end of the semester to finally see that check.

Speaking of work I kind of had to chuckle. We were working late and my boss comes out of her office and asks me why I was still at work? I leave at a set time during each semester. She looked inquizent at me and also asked if school started yet? I know its easy to get into routine with regular school kids and grandkids so I politely said not yet, and told her that college starts in a couple of weeks. I can not wait!

In between then and now my daughter and I are still binge watching Gilmore Girls. We are currently on the last season. I do have my life long EPP project pulled out during these marathon sessions but I am not very successful with that one either. It will get there one day.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Anna

Comment

Barb, so sorry to hear that. Can you claim in on your insurance possibly?

Comment

Working...
                          X