Freezing here......really cold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezing here......really cold!

Thankfullly, I have auto-start for my car so it's warm and defrosted when I get in. I had to venture out today to pick up meds and stuff for chicken noodle soup. It's so darn cold that it takes my breath away.

I'm wearing my wool socks gifted to me about 10 yrs ago. (A couple holes but still warm and toasty on the tootsies!)

My little Max doesn't like the cold either. He tries to pee on the building before I can get him to the backyard! My old, senile neighbor told me that he noticed dog pee on the asphalt and didn't like that. I couldn't help myself...........told him that he would be fine as long as he didn't lick the asphalt. Like, what am I suppose to do when the dog has to go, like now! Oh well, I'll take old senile fart a carton of soup and he won't even remember the dog peed on the building!

I have too many projects started that need completion. I may send some out for quiltingl

I hope your New Year is starting out well and I send all of you my good wishes for good health and happiness throughout the year. And, stay warm!

Re: Freezing here......really cold!

What a good laugh! He'd really be upset if he lived near me when my boys were growing up, they peed on everything in the back yard all the time. No amount of yelling got them to stop until a cute girl moved in next door. Stay warm and happy New Year.
    :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Nasty here too. Had to go to the chiropractor this morning, which, like you, meant having to get out in the cold and snow! Yuck! I am so ready for Spring to roll around again. Keep warm.
      LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Very cold here, too. It's only 10 deg. The temp. is supposed to drop to 0 or below tonight. We got 8" of snow over the past 24 hrs. Some places in the mts. got 15-30" of snow. Some of the ski resorts had to close due to avalanche danger.

Comment

Your neighbor will love the soup! I had wonderful neighbors but they moved last year after 12 years and I was so sad to see them go. Their kids had grown up and needed to resize. My new neighbor keeps to herself most of the time. I have tried to talk to her and welcome her to the neighborhood but she cuts the conversation short. Maybe it is better that way since I can't force someone to be nice. She is probably busy. Anyways, stay safe if you have to go out in bad weather.
          I am a quilter and my house is in pieces.

Comment

It's cold here too! I don't think it broke 30 today. Yoda saw it was sunny outside and insisted he wanted to be out in it. I opened the door, he poked his nose out and changed his mind!
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Lacey, I see you are from Tomball, TX! I'm a Bulls fan so I know that Jimmy Butler is from there. You had a tornado down there last year, didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                It's cold here too! I don't think it broke 30 today. Yoda saw it was sunny outside and insisted he wanted to be out in it. I opened the door, he poked his nose out and changed his mind!
                Oh you poor thing (she said sarcastically)--the temp here is 1 degree and windchill 17 below zero. So 30 sounds pretty darn good to me!

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                  Oh you poor thing (she said sarcastically)--the temp here is 1 degree and windchill 17 below zero. So 30 sounds pretty darn good to me!
                  The winds were 30mph the other day. I don't understand wind chill business, I just know I'm smart enough not to go out in it!
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Currently, here it is -16 with wind chill of -37. Lovely just ***** lovely. Tomorrow I have to go out a out 9am. It is supposed to get up to 20, but not until about noon. Of course, this weather isn't all that unusual for us.

Nancy
                    Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

Sharyn - I feel for you and little Max. I just checked and it's 7degrees there in Chicagoland at midnight. Like we used to say - someone left the freezer door open. In some ways I miss it. Really don't mind it being that cold if there's snow on the ground. But it's just plain ugly when the trees are bare.

Drive safe!

Comment

Working...
                      X