Happy Thursday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Thursday!!

Good morning, and yes Happy Thursday it is as I have electricity and internet today. Ice storm on Tuesday knocked out the hydro and in turn knocked out the internet. We were without power for about 16 hours. It sure made for a lonnnng day yesterday. Shoveled snow most of the day. And then I was so tired last night that I have slept about 12 hours. It is a good thing we have a camp stove I was able to make coffee and I also had a great breakfast.

Now today is a beautiful COLD winter day. Can't believe the difference in temperatures. Yesterday we were hovering around 0C and now this morning it is -15C, translate that into 32F to 5F for my American friends.

I really need to get to town today and pay some bills. And then I also need to figure out what I am taking with me to retreat next week.

So on that note, it is good to be back as I missed you all yesterday.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Happy Thursday!!

Here you are!! I started the thread in case you were away. Glad all is well with you. We have LOTS of ice today. Jeff called and told me to not even try to make it to the mailbox.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks Barb.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Wondered where you were. Snow squalls here all day yesterday & temperature dropped rapidly. Cold & windy today, but snow has stopped for now. Time for everyone to dig out. Spent my day piecing Prairie Flower quilt. Won't be going anywhere today either so will get sashing done. I am hoping for good weather Saturday as I am taking machine quilting class & have to drive an hour and half to get there. Hope everyone has a good day.

Comment

Good morning! Our temps have been all over the place, too, although much warmer. It's been in the 80's in the afternoon and 40's at night. Next day, repeat. No wonder everyone is sick! Stay warm!
          Patrice S

Comment

Colorado is getting snow. We had light snow throughout the day yest., but not much accumulated -- maybe 1-2". It snowed all night & still is snowing. At least there's no wind to make it drift; it's coming straight down & piling up on everything. It's very pretty. I want to take some pics, but it's still too dark, although it's daylight. I'd guess from the looks of the picnic table we've got at least 8". I'll measure when I venture outside. Snow is supposed to taper off towards noon. It's bitter cold. Only 8 deg., but it's supposed to go below 0 tonight. Areas of the mts. were expecting 15-30" of snow, which will be good for the ski resort.

I'm staying home. After Bible Study Fellowship yest. a.m. I stopped at the groc. store for a few items, so we're good. Our snow angel from church will come to clear our snow at his convenience. We so appreciate him.

I got started this week on the FMQ on the ABC's quilt. I'm doing my favorite paisley & echo design. It goes quickly & always looks nice. I'm still waiting for the curved rulers I ordered several days ago, so I've done no more practicing on ruler work.

I hope everyone stays warm & safe. Wow, Monique, no power for 16 hrs. in the winter time. Not fun. Glad you're okay.

Comment

16 hours without power! I hope you have a wood stove to stay warm. I think Barb got the ice we usually get this time of year. It's so dangerous to try and walk on that slippery stuff. I hope everyone will stay warm and safe.
              We may get around seven inches of snow on Saturday so the grocery store panic has begun. The Breadcast (weather forecast) has started here in North Carolina. People act like they may be house bound for weeks so they buy all the milk and bread which puzzles me. DH said the bread shelves are already empty and he doesn't have any milk until the truck comes tomorrow.
              Since DH manages a department he's required to go in on Saturday. I feel bad for him since he rarely gets a Saturday off but he has a good attitude about it since it's overtime pay for him. He also said he's glad he doesn't have to get me to work which usually meant me getting to work at 5am (we didn't open until 9am).
              Since we don't get much snow here I really enjoy seeing the flakes fall. I love to get a cup of hot tea and sit at the window and watch the world turn white.
              bread cast.jpg
              :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Yikes, under our kitchen sink flooded about an hour ago. I thought it was caused by a frozen water line, but in reality the pipe from the sink came apart and what I need to fix it with is in our truck at work with Jeff. It will be a quick fix when he gets home. I'm the plumber in the family because I have small hands and I fit under a sink, but I didn't plumb the new sink.

It has been snowing for about 4 hours and it's piling up. Highway 63 between here and Rolla is closed due to a large number of accidents on the ice. Jeff said the truck did a 180 on his way to work. This is a perfect day to stay indoors.

Be safe everyone.
                Last edited by Bubby; January 5, 2017, 10:20 AM.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning! It"s chilly here in the Houston area but will feel much colder tomorrow when we get a cold front and the afternoon highs will be in the 30's with light rain. I am still on winter break from work so I plan on staying in and working on the blocks for the stones and sticks quilt I am working on. The blocks are so much fun and I have 16 more to complete. Jenny's tutorial was very helpful. Everyone with snow and ice stay safe!
                  I am a quilter and my house is in pieces.

Comment

So cold here today......windchill in single digits....about 3 inches of snow....dry and powdery but no wind and few drifts. Looks like the highway is pretty clear, but little traffic and no school. So, so happy to be able to stay in and warm! I have a baby quilt top to finish, then we shall see which way I go after that! Lots of stash, patterns, ideas........just never enough time and energy! Everyone stay safe!

Comment

Cold here also but I haven't checked about possible snow fall, seem to remember something happening on Friday or the weekend. We should be in a one loaf area so we should be OK.

Now that the Holidays are pretty much wound down it's time to get back on track with appointments. Had an Upper GI procedure this afternoon, results were fine so that's good news. Regular check up with internist is next, BP, blood work up, etc. I sure could use a boost in the energy department. I may hve to start taking iron meds again although they create problems.

Began taking Christmas tree decorations down this morning. Scaling down to 1 small prelit tree with a few special ornaments (Barb's snowflakes included) and plan to distribute rest of the stuff to family members. Keeping the big Christmas totes on the back deck so they are out of the way. Then I'll have the gang over for a give away. Also have a few gifts left over. I invited 2 DGD's over during Christmas week to exchange gifts but never heard a word back. Have Fisher Price trucks for one of the DGD's 3 boys so if I don't hear from the boy's mom soon the gifts will be put away until the boy's Bdays. Still have the gift tags for DGD's gifts s they will be returned.
                      Last edited by MayinJerset; January 5, 2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X