Tuesday hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday hello!

Good morning. A little more snow on the ground this morning BUT we are expecting freezing rain today. I am supposed to have a meeting tonight but I think I shall refrain and stay at home.

Anyone use the calendar here on the forum? Well it isn't working, 2017 isn't available yet in case you didn't know. I fired off an email to Al yesterday so hopefully it gets fixed soon.

What a day yesterday. I took Doug out, we stopped an got his mail at his cousin's, a lovely lady, who is in the stages of dementia/alzheimers. She wants to feed us all the time. She gave me a crochet hook set and told me to take it because I was so good to Doug and that made her happy. From there I took him into the city for a mani/pedi, while I went in search of the sewing machine repair guy that was recommended, but unfortunately I missed him, he wasn't home. POOP!! I was terribly disappointed. But Lynda is going to take the machine with her today and drop it off to him when she gets a chance. I can't wait to see if this one can be fixed, it has a lot of stitch cams that I just can't wait to try. Did a little grocery shopping, buy a few gifts on clearance and we were home by suppertime. A very long day indeed. And while Doug was away, Lynda went in a vacuumed his carpets and did his dishes and picked up the garbage. He accused me of asking her to do this. I nothing to do with it, she knew we were gone out. Sometimes you just have to be sneaky.

Les bought a hoosier (cabinet), hopefully the weather isn't too bad so we can go pick it up later!!

Well, better get a move on. Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Tuesday hello!

Morning All,

Jeff is back to work after four days off. He has a bad stiff neck and he will be miserable all day for sure. I have little to nothing on my plate so far for today other than a little laundry. I have no desire to sew but I should begin working on the books for our tax appointment next month. I hate rushing to do everything at the last minute.

Monique, I love Hoosiers and we have a couple in storage to use in our next home. Congratulations on finding one.

Have a blessed day everyone...
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Nothing on my schedule today, hurray! Hopefully I will be able to make belly bands for the dog rescue group. I have about 20 made so far but of course I bought a ton of flannel to make more. I think I only paid something like 2.84/yard and you know I can't pass that up.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Jeannette

Comment

Morning all.
        I didn't get much sewing done yesterday. The power went out for a short time and once it came back, I no longer wanted to sew.
        Today, I have to do errands and maybe I will treat myself to fast food. Just the thing for my new year's diet!!
        Hope everyone can get to sew today.

Comment

Guess we are finally back in our routine now. DH was off yesterday so it was nice to have the extra time together. I helped my mom un-decorate her two trees last night. Other than that we had a lazy day.

I've been trying to decide what my next quilt project will be. I think I've already decided. Just need to browse through all the ideas I've collected and decide which way to go.

Here's a picture of our pup. A few days ago I found her napping on the couch like royalty.

P1012963.jpg

Guess I better get some work done around here. Hope you all have a great day.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I spent most of the day yesterday deciding on a pattern and cutting out a new quilt. My granddaughter, aged 31, requested something traditional. I found Little House on the Prairie fabric (her favorite book series and tv shows) and I'm making a Grandmother's Fan.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone, we are already in a new year and we started with some beautiful sunny days although the nights are a little cold but at least we do not have to endure the rain that sometimes is so annoying. I see that you have already finished the holidays and are fixing their houses of all the Christmas decorations but I still have a week left, on Friday we celebrate the Magi with gifts and the last party food, but as this year is Friday because they are still Saturday and Sunday to be in family, so until next week we will return to normal and have get into my sewing roon without many things in the middle. I hope everyone in the forum is well and send smiles, prayers who needs it and greetings

Comment

I was hoping my house would return to normal after the holiday break but we got another blizzard and kids and husband had work and school canceled. So I am shoveling snow and taking care of them still. But maybe I can find time for myself later to sew, if I don't take down Christmas decorations.

I love how this forum prays for each other. So comforting.

Comment

I was back at work today!! Had to get up at 6am to get to work for 7.30, which was tough but having returned at 5.30 I now feel exhausted - probably because I have just had a week off! Think I will sit in front of the TV and knit!!
                  I can now say "I am going to retire NEXT YEAR yayyyy!! But isn't it awful wishing your time away!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X