FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI

A simple project will always be difficult (at least at this house). DH was simply going to replace 3 "shop lights" in my sewing room with some nice bright LED lights. Thanks to past homeowners he is now rewiring most of my basement sewing room and talking about pulling the ceiling down and rewiring the entire room. Some people should never try to do home improvement or at least not the electrical part!
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Re: FYI

Wow...I understand because nothing is ever simple for us either. Wiring is a huge safety issue. Jeff is a high-voltage electrician and he has to fix others' work all the time. Hang in there....it should be more safe when he is done.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Just remember, Beth - better be safe. The disruption from your sewing will be well worth it when you have those LEDs in place. We have 15 3 footers in my sewing room and I am totally loving it. (Yup, had to go through the rewiring, too!)
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Ditto here with the rewiring, but soooo worth it!

Comment

I understand. We bought an older house (husband wanted to build another but I wasn't doing that again) and he's never satisfied with how anything is done. Right now, he's wanting to tear up the upstairs deck and redo it for the second time in 15 years. I'm resisting. If he did the work himself, I'd be resisting even more! lol
          Patrice S

Comment

Every project turns into a BIG project. Last night DH took the truck down to the fields. Its been raining. He couldn't get it back up the road last night and said he would wait till morning so I could steer it while he pulled it up with a chain on his excavator. So this morning, before I could have coffee, he was wanting to hurry so it wouldn't get more mud. We have been down there for two hours and finally got it back up to the top of the hill. I am so stressed from neutral to park to break to turn the wheel (no not that much) but greatful to be back in the house. I'm calming down with visits to all of you and soon I will go back in my little sewing room and see if I can arrange a table or two to eliminate some of the drag on that king size quilt I'm trying to FMQ on my "brand new" DSM. Excitement and intimidation ... maybe they go hand in hand
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

Grammaterry, I love helping my SIL because he is so calm and nice about his instructions. My ex-husband was such an a$$ about his instructions and expected me to be able to read his mind, that I eventually just refused to help. And I was the bad guy. One of the reasons (of many) he's an ex.

Comment

Working...
              X