Did you keep a resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you keep a resolution?

Of course not. lol Mine was to keep up with dishes. I don't have a dishwasher. Dang it. I have a few others, mostly addiction to news. I like to be up to date, but this year was a little depressing.
    🌺 Lorie

Re: Did you keep a resolution?

Every year I make one resolution, and that is to make no resolutions.

Comment

Best resolution is no resolution.
      Karen
      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Hahaha you are kidding right. No New Year's resolutions for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
          Of course not. lol Mine was to keep up with dishes. I don't have a dishwasher. Dang it. I have a few others, mostly addiction to news. I like to be up to date, but this year was a little depressing.
          A little depressing??!!#! It was a throw up your hands and wail and pound on the wall kind of news year! I am a news junkie too, sadly.

Comment

I don't have a dishwasher either but thankfully I don't mind much washing the dishes (Although sometimes I let them pile up until hubby comes and cleans everything!)

This new year I do have a resolution which is: to sew a little every day! Even if it's just 15 minutes! I love it and I need it
            My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Well this is what Carlie is suggesting for me: I'm considering it

new-years-resolutions-you-can-steal-from-dogs.jpg
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

No resolutions for me either!
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Just a revolution - Battle of the Bulge! But that is an ongoing revolution with no end or victor in sight.
                  Vonnie

Comment

I don't make resolutions, either. I make project lists and hope for the best. And just for kicks, I work on them in alphabetical order
                    Cindy

Comment

I don't believe in them. Make goals at any time of the year and go from there.

Comment

I used to get all involved in the hype of the change of the calendar, but the reality is, it doesn't affect me much. I don't party, I don't watch football, I'm not superstitious (although DH has that thing about the food on New Years DAY and I acquiesce to his ), and so, life just goes on. Sometimes I resolve to lose 5 lbs but never on New years day... just when I can't button my pants. lol.
                        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                        Terry

Comment

This year I have decided to just live life to the fullest, appreciate each day and to do something just for me every day at least for a little while.

Comment

Grammaterry, I've never heard about food superstitions on New Years Day. Would love to hear some :-)
                            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                              I used to get all involved in the hype of the change of the calendar, but the reality is, it doesn't affect me much. I don't party, I don't watch football, I'm not superstitious (although DH has that thing about the food on New Years DAY and I acquiesce to his ), and so, life just goes on. Sometimes I resolve to lose 5 lbs but never on New years day... just when I can't button my pants. lol.
                              What food does your DH insist on? My mother had to cook black eyed peas, cornbread and hogsjaw - every year. After I married I realized I could choose the menu - never could stand the black eyed peas. Today we are having a nice pot roast, glazed carrots, mashed potatoes and gravy and pineapple upside down cake. My family loves this type of food so I believe that is what we should have, our favorites, start the year off right.
                              Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                              X