X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GaGa
    replied
    Re: Prayers for my dad, please!

Just wanted you to know I've been keeping you and your family in my prayers. I'm only 125 mikes from my 86 year old parents and even that can seem far away sometimes. I'm glad your brothers live near your parents.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry this happened to your Dad. I know the feeling of helplessness and anxiety when you are so far away. You want to go now and stay about three months but you can't. I think you should put off going until your Dad has been home for a week or two, and have a long talk with your Mom about when she think you would be most useful. I will be thinking of you all. Take care and try not to worry too much. Sounds like everything is under control for the time being.

Leave a comment:

• bhaggerty
    replied

Praying for your dad and all those affected by this!

Leave a comment:

• Judy, USMC
    replied

Time to get mom something to do at home to make her feel less helpless. I'd recommend you get her started thinking about how to prepare the house for his homecoming. She may have to come up with a plan for moving furniture to make it more accessible for him. Or putting dishes in a lower location. Just think of ideas to make things more accessible for him. She just has to plan ... and let the boys do the heavy lifting. When my mom came home from rehab they sent a safety consultant to look over the place and they had several suggestions on what to do to get rid of trip hazards.

And to make sure she's eating herself she may want to start cooking for 2 and freezing half. My mom had a great appetite when she came home ... and I wish I had something tasty and quick to reheat rather than making her wait and taking the time to cook. Hope my experiences help.
    Last edited by Judy, USMC; January 3, 2017, 01:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

Little update - Dad was moved to the rehab facility yesterday. They've had him up sitting in a chair a few times and had him standing for very short periods but he can't put any weight on his right leg, and his right arm is in a sling. I talked to him again tonight and he's in good spirits, ready to get the therapy started so he can go home. My mom is having a hard time - she can't go up to see him because of her own physical problems right now and she feels guilty, and even though my brothers and their families are stopping by I know she's lonely. Her 85th birthday is on Thursday of this week, too. The doctors and therapists should have a plan for Dad's therapy soon and then I'll have a better idea of when to go out. I'm going back to work tomorrow and plan to let my boss know so he can get used to the idea - it's not a good time work-wise for me to be gone, but family comes first, and my brothers will need a break at some point. Thanks for your continued prayers.

Leave a comment:

• Amarillo19
    replied

I'll be praying for you and your dad.

Leave a comment:

• Carolnnc
    replied

Sending prayers for all of the family.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Praying for your Dad and your family. It's really hard when you are so far away. I think your help would really be appreciated when your Dad comes home. It would help both of your parents. ((HUGS))...I know how frustrating it is to be so far away.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Aw so sorry this happened to your Dad. "A little bump in the road" sounds like it's hard to keep a good man down. At least he has a positive attitude, this will go a long way in his recovery. I will add my prayers to the long list here.

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Prayers for you and your family!
    Having dealt with a dad in the hospital this summer, I am going to suggest that you wait until he comes home to plan your visit.
    By then the rest of the family will be exhausted. He will need help getting around, and you can come in and give them a respite.

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

Thanks for your prayers. I was able to talk to him for a while tonight. My brother was there and said he'd had a rough day - they had him sit up on the side of the bed and he was in quite a bit of pain, and was running a slight fever. Dad sounded pretty good but a little confused - he asked me if the Broncos won today (he thought it was Sunday). He referred to this as a "little bump in the road." That's my dad - always seeing the positive. He just turned 88 years old the week before Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• sweetiepie
    replied

Praying also.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Sending prayers for all.

Leave a comment:

• Anitamae56
    replied

Saying prayers your das and mother and for you. You are in very bad situation . I will continue thinking of you.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

Adding him to my prayer list.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X