To Hoot or not to Hoot: the Night Owl Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Hoot or not to Hoot: the Night Owl Thread

I'm feeling groggy. I guess I didn't get enough sleep. I just had to disassemble my bobbin plate to try to figure out why my bobbin thread was showing on top all of a sudden...I am not sure if a stray invisible thread had broken off in there or what. Stray pieces of invisible thread are all over. I didn't find much lint. Anyway, it is fixed now but I feel too groggy to do any more zig zagging. How's things in your nest? Anyone heard from Stationarymom?

Re: To Hoot or not to Hoot: the Night Owl Thread

In her last post Joan said she was going back to the Dr on the 14th - and her last visit to the forum was the 16th. My heart aches to know how painful it must be for her. I just sent her an email ... hopefully she can check in soon.

Glad to hear you machine is back to normal. I've been organizing and paying the end of the year bills and taxes. Makes my head swim ... and gives me a headache! I'm putting my tired eyes to bed.

Comment

Morning owls, I hope you all had a peaceful Christmas.

I sent Joan a Christmad card but don't know if she got it. I hope she's okay!

Comment

Our phones and Internet have been sketchy the last few days, so it has been hard to check in here.
        Emily and I have been Night Owling pretty regularly. She has most of her new Legos built. She also received a set of Electronic Snap Circuits. It teaches kids how to build electronic gizmos. She has built a light, an alarm, and a few other things that ding and beep. She hasn't started on her stack of books yet, but those will come along eventually.
        I am finally getting the soles of my fleece slippers replaced. I was gifted a pair of Snoozies several years ago. They were so comfy. I was sad when I wore through the bottoms. I deconstructed them and made a pattern. I replaced the soles of that pair twice before they were retired. I have upgraded the soles to reclaimed denim from Eric's dead work jeans. They last a lot longer and aren't quite as slippery as fleece on the tile and wood floors.
        My feet get cold really easily, so will usually keep a pair in my bag to slip on if I need to take my shoes off at someone's home. I finally wore holes in both pair and since I was making several pair for Christmas, I figured I'd just repair mine while I was at it. It just took longer than I planned. This morning I'm finishing hand stitching the turning opening. Ahhh. My feet are so happy to be warm again! Even with fuzzy socks, those extra layers of denim and fleece seem to make a huge difference.
        A few more days to finish off those 2016 projects.... LOL!
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Yes, I also feel so very bad for Joan. Burns are sooo painful! I used to work in a children's burn unit and boy was it tough! I sent her a card too. I think I will send her another tomorrow just to try to lift her spirits and let her know others are praying and thinking about her.
          No sewing over break. Hope to get back to it after the new year. I did not do very well with my UFO list for 2016. Hopefully 2017 will be better!!
          Happy Quilting!

Comment

Working...
          X