It came upon a midnight clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It came upon a midnight clear

The world in quiet peacefulness tonight waiting for the glorious celebration of our savior. I wish you all the peace and joy of this wonderous season and hope that you find lifes greatest gifts this coming year. I have gotten old and miss having the babies and all their excitement around me, but I have had time to reflect and realize there are greater gifts in love and fellowship. Thankyou forum folks. I have found peace in my heart by seeing your generosity and learning to give more. I have come a long way in my giving and find such joy that I never knew before. I am looking forward to the coming year maybe more than any other in my days. I am certain it is because of you all. Thank you for all you have shown me and all the love that you pour out daily. Merry Christmas and God bless you all.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: It came upon a midnight clear

Merry Christmas Terry. I always look forward to coming here and finding you on the board.
    :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Hi, Terry ~ My sentiments as well. I went to Christmas Eve service at 4 p.m. Our church is having 3 services at 4 p.m., 5:30 & 7 p.m. I went early so I could be home before DH goes to bed (at 6 p.m.). There will be no church services tomorrow on Christmas Day. It's definitely quiet here, as it is every evening after DH goes to bed. Now that the Christmas mail rush is over, I've been spending an hr. or so in the evenings after he goes to bed to sew. I play my CDs for company while I work. I usually don't eat my supper till 7:30-8 p.m. Our Christmas Day will be quiet with just the 2 of us. We'll exchange cards. DH will read the Christmas story from the Bible & we'll pray for all our loved ones. DH prayed for the Lord to take him Home for Christmas, but I don't think it will happen. He's weary of the pain & suffering. Only the good Lord knows how much longer he will be with me.
      Last edited by JCY; December 24, 2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

It is officially Christmas Eve as Santa just rode by waving to all from his perch high atop our town's biggest fire engine. He got off for a bit to visit the home of the fire chief down the stret and handed out some goodies for all the kids. Then he went om his merry was to ride up and down the streets while wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.

Christmas Blessings to All.

Comment

Terry......well said. I appreciate your reminder to find peace in our lives. Sometimes we forget when things get hectic or worrisome.

DH & I had a quiet day at home. He relaxed after a busy week at work and I finished wrapping gifts.....Yay......made 2 batches of cookies, 2 batches of cheese nip mix, and 2 cheese balls. DH went to the store for me to get a few groceries. I think I have fizzled out for the day.

Our son went to his GF's family get together today and they will be here tomorrow. He is planning to cook lunch for us........so WooHoo......I don't have to cook! Yay!!

Our extended family get together will be on Thursday when my brother & family are here from TN. My mom & I might hit a store or two Monday morning to look for some cute bargain ornaments. We are hoping to do a White Elephant ornament game while we or all together.

The weather is warm and the A/C is on. It's too warm for my Christmas t-shirt.

Joy....I hope you and your husband have an especially wonderful Christmas. Hugs to you.

Merry Christmas forum friends. You'll have made this year better by being part of this forum.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Mery Christmas to all my dear Forum friends.

Christmas Eve began with my DH & I returning to music ministry. The congregation sang with full-throated enthusiasm. It was a most wonderful start to the Christmas season!

May God bless you all.
            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

One of the things that bother me most about my disease is that I can no longer sing. Ruins my christmas

Comment

Beautiful sentiments, Terry. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Such a wonderful feeling to be able to look forward to the coming year!

Joy, what a wonderful tradition of reading the Christmas story from the Bible every year and praying for your loved ones. I pray for you and your DH, that you will both find peace on this day. It does sound like DH is ready to go home. It's hard to wait for God's timing. Cherish every moment he gives you with each other. Have a blessed day.

Shirley, so sorry you cannot sing anymore. I like to sing (don't sing well and no one really wants to hear it LOL) but I sing along to the radio. Don't know what your disease is, but I hope that you have a pain-free peaceful day, and that 2017 will bring you better health.

Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to all of you on the MSQC Forum
                A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Terry, those are beautiful sentiments. There are wonderful, generous people on this forum. Wishing all my forum friends a wonderful, peaceful day and health for the New Year. Merry Christmas, everyone!
                  Cindy

Comment

Working...
                  X