Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here I am again! Just want to say " Please do not let trivial crap ruin your holiday"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here I am again! Just want to say " Please do not let trivial crap ruin your holiday"

I have not posted for a long time but I have been here ....My little sister was diagnosed with lung cancer last summer. She underwent chemo and radiation and was declared cancer free in October. Yay..She was recently having bad headaches so had a scan yesterday...bad news...she has brain cancer. They said they would begin more chemo and radiation in January...I am pissed..why could they not wait 3 days to tell her and allow her a half decent christmas...my 85 year old parents are devastated...both wishing" they could just die now!" I am so aware now that all the little crap I have been stressing about re Christmas is so Not Important..When I get to see them I will hug my kids and grandbabies so much tighter this year. Now I am stressing about what to expect with her and how to deal with it ...I am unsure about what her symptoms will be and how to prepare for it...anyone here have any advice ..it would be appreciated...Val

Re: Here I am again! Just want to say " Please do not let trivial crap ruin your holiday"

So sorry to hear that she will be going thru more treatments, but sending prayers and hugs.

Comment

Re: Here I am again! Just want to say " Please do not let trivial crap ruin your holiday"

I am mad with you and for you!!! I understand that plans need to be made ahead of time for treatment, etc. but really, the insensitivity of it-- telling her right before Christmas!! I mean you are so right, this couldn't wait another week?! Sorry I have no advice for you, it sounds like you are going to be in the awful position of the go between between your sister and your parents. You vent here whenever and however often you need to. My DH is being treated for cancer right now too so I know a little about the battle you are going through.

Comment

I've lost too many people to cancer. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
        K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Comment

Sending prayers for you and your family...
          Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

I'm so sorry, saying prayers for her and the whole family.
            My best friend is going thru the exact same thing with her husband.
            He had brain surgery for cancer several years ago. This year it came back.
            He is finishing up radiation , at least 4 weeks, maybe a bit more.
            Then he will start a year of chemo. Be prepared for a personality change.
            Remember a lot of things will be out of her control, and that will bring
            on frustration on everyone's part. Be as positive as you can be.
            God bless.

Comment

I'm so sorry. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way.
              Patrice S

Comment

I am so sorry. Sending hugs and prayers to you, your sister and family.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers your way.
                  Cindy

Comment

As a lung cancer survivor myself, and having lost way to many friends and family to that awful disease, my heart hurts for you. I think about the what ifs frequently. I agree they could have waited til after Christmas to tell her. Sending prayers your way.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

So sorry for your sis, and all the familiy. Prayers and hugs for all.

Comment

Sending prayers for your sister and family.

Comment

Went through this with my SIL - but she was considered terminal and opted for no treatment. She was a widow with no children so her brother and I packed up to stay with her.

Just like walking one step at a time ... just take her moods one day at a time too. And she may express her frustration with the situation by snapping at people. DO NOT take it personally. And don't let her give up hope ... she went through it once before she can do it again. Yes, it stinks to get the news now especially since she knows the treatment she's facing. Hopefully this will get her treatment schedule started sooner than later.

Prayers for all!

Comment

I am sorry for your sister and your family -and yourself, of course. About the effects of cancer, I get it depends on the brain areas it is affecting. My uncle was diagnosed 8 years ago, he went through surgery, radio and chemo. It didn't alter his character but he lost most of his eyesight. He was 62 then and he had to retire (he was a truck driver).

Comment

So sorry this is happening to your family, and that it had to be "announced" at this time. On the other hand, it may provide those family members who might not have bothered to show up, the impetus they needed to gather with the rest of the family. Rather than later saying "If only we had known....." Personally, I don't know which is worse. Hugs to you and your family.

Comment

Working...
                              X