Hoot if you're a Night Owl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoot if you're a Night Owl

Hoot hoot! I will be up all night and hope to get some work done! The Bulls lost again We also have our elderly cat at the vet for the second time this week. I hope they can stabilize her. She has hyperthyroidism and is quite thin.

DH snagged a couple of frozen Cornish hens which I guess I'll put in the fridge to thaw. We don't have any hard and fast plans so we cook our Christmas dinner whenever we have our acts together to cook it. The weather here has been bad every weekend in December and we haven't made it to church yet. Fortunately they put the sermons online so we can hear them.

I should start wrapping DH's presents. I've been feeling sick the past two days and haven't gotten much done. How are things in your nest? @,@

Re: Hoot if you're a Night Owl

Ahh I have been on the go constantly! Working! Shopping! Baking! Wrapping! So tonight my dh declared he was so tired, he went to bed early. So I decided to make it a ME night, collapsed in my comfy chair had a few glasses of wine, and sat down to watch a Christmas movie that I had DVRd off the Hallmark Channel. Yes it was cheezy and corny and predictable but it had a happy ending and dh hates these boring Lifetime-type movies... sorry but it was such a wonderful break from political stuff and news shows and football and basketball. Just what I needed. A nice fluffy Christmas movie and yes boy did get girl at the end. I haven't sewed anything in about a week. I have a project I am in the middle of but I am putting it on the back burner for a week or two and I do not feel guilty about it! So please take a moment to enjoy your Hallmark Moment. I really enjoyed it, sometimes you have to step away from the to-do list.

Comment

Kim, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I am awake and cannot get to sleep. Probably because the alarm is set for 2 hours from now. Need to leave super early for airport in the morning. Finished quilting several charity tops this past month. Mailed 4 of them off today. Now to pack up the sewing room when I return home next week. Or maybe I'll save that room for last in case I want to sew. Who knows. Ordered the new fridge for the new house this evening. I'll be glad when the move is over and this house is sold, although I'll miss it. Have been here 35 yrs. Lots of great memories. Let's hope for new ones in my next chapter of life. OK eyes are tired, so will try sleeping.

Comment

Steve was here and had an unexpected event. He called out for me around 2am Tues and was not feeling well. His blood sugar was down to 31! Got it back up to 90 but was not comfortable so stayed up until 5 to check on him. I slept until 7 and then got him up at 9am to go the Heart Institute early today. Took a short nap this afternoon. Been drinking wine this evening and am definitely ready for bed. He is doing fine ... but will have several more tests in a month.

So I'm letting out a weak hoot ... too sleepy and tired to do more!

Comment

I'm awake because my poor little owl claws are sore!

In our family, we draw names. I have Heather's and am making her a purse w/a pattern I've not used before. I made her a purse with the same fabric just over a year ago, but she has worn it out, carrying it everyday. On this purse, I opted not to use strap connectors I made, but my new fancy hardware I ordered from that gal from Hawaii. I got the first one right on and flipped it over to admire my craftiness and IT WAS UPSIDE DOWN!!! The are held on with screws, so that was simple enough....I thought! When I tried to put it in again, it took me an hour!! I still had three of these connectors to go! Number two must have been a fluke because it took me less than five minutes! Three and four probably took me ten minutes each, maybe a bit longer.

Well, As I admired my work, I noticed something did not look quite right. AAAHHHHH!!!! The were only 1.5" apart and were supposed to be 3" apart. I could not salvage anything except the connectors and lining and had to start over! First I took a nice long break. The second time around, I think it only took me ten minutes to do all four! Thank goodness!! I swore I was not going to bed till I finished that thing, but forgot it had a set in oval shaped bottom.....by the time I got the outer one sewn in and put in the purse feet, I'd had enough and quit for the night. I probably have 30 minutes left to do tomorrow, but no more than an hour.

All I can say is I hope she likes it! If she does not, I'll take it back and sell it for a small fortune. Then I'll have to make her something else or buy something.....we will see on Saturday night.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
          X