Prayers please. DIL's contractions have begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers please. DIL's contractions have begun

I spoke with my son and dil last evening and she was having contractions but far apart so they were just waiting. I guess they started to be more regular because later on they called the advice nurse who told them to go to get her checked. They went and they said she was 3cm dilated. They gave Ana something to help her rest and sent them home. Haven't heard anything yet this morning. I don't know know what the they gave her but I hope it doesn't slow down the contractions. Please say some prayers that all goes well.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Re: Prayers please. DIL's contractions have begun

I'm praying for a swift and safe delivery. If Ana can relax that will let her body do the work it needs to do. Hugs to you, too, Grandma.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Oh it's so exciting, a new baby!! Your heart must leap every time the phone rings. I know all will go fine. I don't know where you live, I hope you aren't dealing with the blizzard we had here yesterday!!

Comment

You got it!! Definitely prayers for the whole family and most especially for the brand new family member who will decide when it is time to arrive!!
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Ginny, definetly sending prayers for everyone and a safe delivery.
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I chatted with my son a couple of hours ago. Ana's contractions were about 7 minutes apart at that point. He said she is snoozing between contractions. Yes, every time I get a text, message in the family chat or the phone rings, I do jump a little. Being on the opposite side of the country is nerve racking. I have gotten so much done around the house today! I can't sit still. Lol. I am in my sewing room now and will let the hum of my machine keep me calm.

Thanks everyone for all your prayers. They are greatly appreciated.
            Ginny B

Comment

It wont be long now. Exciting!!! Sending prayers y'all way.

Comment

OH, how exciting for you. I remember almost 40 years ago when I was in the same position (I was the one in labor). All is well - and we pray all is well with them.

Comment

Any further news? Still praying all goes well ....

Comment

They have admitted Ana but say it may be a day or so. I'm not sure just what's happening. DS said he will call later. When I spoke with Steve last night, he said that the contractions were still about 7-8 minutes apart. I'm a bit concerned but trying to keep calm.
                    Ginny B

Comment

Hope all is well today.

Comment

It's been a long haul for Ana and Steven but we are in the homestretch now. Her contractions didn't move along very quickly for the majority of the day (and night last night too) but they say it wont be long now. She is dilating and her contractions are coming at about 4 minutes apart now. The baby's heart rate is doing fine through the contractions. I'm very excited and just sitting here waiting for word.
                        Ginny B

Comment

Wow long labor. My kids are all adopted, so I missed out on that part lol!

Comment

Yes, very long. I had each of mine in under 7 hours so it's hard for me to identify with what's happening. I think what they felt was labor on Saturday was still Braxton Hicks contractions but very strong ones. Easily mistaken. I'm just praying all is going well. I haven't hear from my son in a while so I'm thinking they are busy breathing and hopefully pushing soon.
                            Ginny B

Comment

I had those Braxton Hicks w/the second one, also on a Saturday. Had a doctor appointment on Monday (four weeks overdue!) and he told me to go home, take a nap and come back and have a baby! I laughed and told him I doubted that would happen. Sure enough, I went home, called work and told them I was not coming in till the next day because I was tired, took a nap and woke up at 4pm with pains two minutes apart! Had only one car and MM had it. Long before cell phones were around. I was not going to call for an ambulance and had everything laid out to deliver on the living room floor!

MM gets home, with Heather at 1730!!! I remember asking where he had been and why he picked her up from daycare and we have to go now!!! He said, calm down, let me time your contractions. They were now about 30 seconds apart and he started panicking! We raced her back to daycare who said they would stay late and flew to the hospital, getting there about 1740....she was born at 1802 and MM raced back to get Heather.

I decided then and there I wasn't doing that again!
                              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
                              X