New Kitchen Gadgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Kitchen Gadgets

I purchased an Air Fryer and an Instant Pot. Does anyone have good tips and ideas for using these.
    sigpic

Re: New Kitchen Gadgets

Sorry, I've never heard of either of them. Did you find them on an infomercial?
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

There are a couple of FB groups for the Instant Pot. Love mine.

Never heard of an air fryer. Would be interested in knowing what it is.

Comment

Bubby, an "Instant Pot" is a stand-alone pressurized cooker.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
          Sorry, I've never heard of either of them. Did you find them on an infomercial?
          I'm with you Barb . Never heard of either of them. Sounds like infomercial stuff and I have learned to steer clear way clear of 99% of that stuff
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

My sister just got an air fryer for her birthday and said the first thing she did in was fries and they came out great. I'm one of those 'must see to believe'.
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Since when is a pressure cooker "informercial stuff"?

My grandmother had a pressure cooker, my mother had one, and my MIL had one.

Stove top pressure cookers do not work well on electric ranges b/c the heat isn't constant. Traditional pressure cookers are designed and recommended only for gas ranges. The Instant Pot allows those of us with electric ranges the option to have a pressure cooker.

I've never watched one infomercial on the Instant Pot or anything else.

Also, I researched the air fryer. I don't want one, but I can see the advantage if you like to cook "crispy" foods without all the oil required by a deep fryer.

Comment

I got through this video on the Instant Pot. It looks to me like an elevated Crock pot.I'm 95% vegetarian so I have no use for it. But if you cook a lot of stews it seems like a good product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObZXyc2pyao
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have a Prestige pressure cooker which I use for my vegetables. It cooks everything a treat and it's only 1 pot to wash and takes only about 5 minutes to cook the veg!!! We have airfryers here - you only use a minute drop of oil - much healthier than a deep fat fryer. I don't have one becos DH would want chips(fries) every day!!

Comment

Lorie, it's not really like a crock pot. A crock pot is a slow cooker. A pressure cooker cooks and tenderizes quickly. Like in 20 minutes, as opposed to 6 hours.

Comment

Don't you use a pressure cooker to can ? ( something I wish I knew how to do) . I have seen the air fryers in Bed and Bath and wondered if they worked. I don't know what an instant pot is.

Comment

I have the Air Fryer, have had it for awhile. Love it...no tips because it's so easy to use.
                        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

No television here, haven't had any for many years. Several ladies at my quilt club recommended both of these. The Instant Pot is electric and eliminates the problems of using one on a stove. Also as arthritis sets in handling a regular pressure cooker becomes even more dangerous. I am a vegetarian also and prepare legumes and rice frequently, thus my reason for purchasing one. The air fryer was for preparing fries and things my grandson likes but I have a problem with him eating so much fat. In addition to these I have a dog who is allergic to every kind of meat except turkey and salmon. I hate the smell of these in the house. Yes, a vegetarian that cooks for a dog! My fellow quilting buddies assure me the odors are much less using the air fryer. Hope they are right. Today I am trying a 3LB turkey breast for Denver. I will let you know how it goes.
                          sigpic

Comment

My daughters have instapots and they are making cheesecakes in minutes that are "good" and I'm a critic. They are using it to make stuff I wouldn't have thought about in a pressure cooker and I own several pressure cookers. I don't think I need one with just DH and myself, but for a family and working mother...it appears to be a wonderful gadget
                            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                            Terry

Comment

I've used a pressure cooker for years, and on an electric stove. Cooks meatballs in 10 minutes, roasts in 45 min. I'm sure this new pot will work well for any one who doesn't like to cook! Like me!!

Comment

Working...
                              X