Amazon's Bizarro Mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon's Bizarro Mistake

It's Christmas time, so Amazon's URL is almost permanently burned into my screen. Today they made the funniest mistake I've ever seen.

I regularly buy a protein powder from Amazon, and yesterday I noticed that it was about half price, so I ordered four jars.

Today, three jars arrived with an online notice that the fourth jar would be delivered later in the day. That seemed odd. Then a package arrived, from Amazon, with my name on the three-foot long box. Upon opening it, I discovered a small kit called "I Taught Myself to Crochet." Since I'm a long-time crochet fanatic, I couldn't imagine someone in the family ordering me a beginners kit.

Then I looked online, and it said that my fourth protein powder jar had been delivered at 1:53. The crochet kit in the horribly oversized box had been delivered at 1:53. Somehow or another, Amazon sent me a beginners crochet kit instead of a jar of protein powder.

Go figure!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Re: Amazon's Bizarro Mistake

That is totaaly weird. Crazy mix up of labels I am sure. Too funny.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

lol They must be really busy over there. I had a company send me a shirt instead of sandals and they said keep it. It will cost more for the exchange. I don't think Amazon will do that though.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Nope, they didn't, but that's OK. I did one of those online chat sessions with their customer service. They are re-sending that fourth jar of protein powder at the sale price even though it's more than twice the price today. I, in turn, printed out their free return label and took the crochet kit (in the three-foot long box) to UPS. I think that box was the funniest part of the whole fiasco!

Comment

I ordered some hair stuff from them a couple years ago. A three pack for the price of what one costs. Package came and it contained just one. I looked at the post again and clearly it said three. Contacted Amazon and questioned it. Seems it was a third party seller and they ran out and could not send me the other two. Amazon reimbursed me the entire amount and told me to keep what I was sent!

A three foot box would be fun....especially if it contained something fun!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Especially if it was quilt supplies!!!!!
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

That must have been quite a kit!
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I bet the beginning crocheter is going to be disappointed if she's not into protein drinks LOL She's sitting there wondering how to crochet that LOL
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                  I bet the beginning crocheter is going to be disappointed if she's not into protein drinks LOL She's sitting there wondering how to crochet that LOL
                  You know, that got me thinking. Several years ago, I made a clothing order and the company must have mixed up the labels. Inside the the shipment was someone else's clothes AND her invoice. I dug around on the Internet and came up with a phone number, so I called. Sure enough, she'd received my clothes.

While this woman was not the sweetest soul on earth, I listened to her complain about receiving my stuff, and eventually got her to realize that we could just mail each other's clothes to each other and skip having to send them back to the catalog company.

I do wonder if there's a sad beginning crochet artist-in-training who wonders what to do with that rather bland protein powder.

Comment

......must have been a realllllly big hook!
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Or the person who was hoping to gift said kit, now is wondering what they were thinking while midnight Amazon shopping!
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

We received a box today with no invoice, and what I think is the wrong puzzle for my step-dad. Hubby insists it is the one I put in the cart.
                        I was more concerned that there was no invoice than with the wrong puzzle, as I also think there was a dragon night light in that cart for the Miss.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Many years ago I ordered some Jeans from Sears for my new step grandson for Christmas, and they sent me a Christmas quilt. Well... ya know I couldn't send THAT back. So I ended up with a quilt and a few days later, the original jeans I ordered.
                          I did get a rather large box from Amazon the other day....that only contained 1 item of my order. A package of colored artist pencils, and several of those inflated bags. The box was just a tad oversized. LOL
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X