• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shermur
    replied
    Re: Overwhelming.....

Originally posted by Mpyles View Post
    Sherri,

Sorry to hear things are so stressful for you this time of year!! The good news is I work in springfield and live nearby! Maybe we will get to meet! Prayers for your relocation and holiday season!

Mary
    Mary...that would be so great. I would love to meet anyone that shares my quilting passion!
    I lived in Springfield, MO in the mid 1980s. When we went house hunting a month ago, I couldn't believe how much the city had changed! It will take me a couple of weeks just to get around the town and figure out where to go!
    It's disappointing that Halona does not have school bus service regarding the school she will be attending. Unless I want to pay an outrageous fee? I have already decided that whatever job I find, I will have to arrange a late lunch in order to get her home from school. I will not have her walking over a mile, by herself in the cold weather and to me it's totally unsafe.

Leave a comment:

• Mpyles
    replied

Sherri,

Sorry to hear things are so stressful for you this time of year!! The good news is I work in springfield and live nearby! Maybe we will get to meet! Prayers for your relocation and holiday season!

Mary

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

So sorry this move is so stressful for you. Try to remind yourself each day of a few things you are thankful for. We will be thinking of you and if you need to vent we will be here to listen and encourage.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

I hear your frustrations. Moving is stressful at any time of the year, but esp. close to the holidays. I wish you well with getting settled. When I was growing up, we moved about every 3 yrs., so I attended many different schools. Kids are resilient & adjust. May you find peace in the midst of the moving storm. Merry Christmas!

Leave a comment:

• WendyI
    replied

Oh sweetie...I'm so sorry to hear this. If I lived closer I would for sure be helping!! I know how it feels to not have help...I had to hire people for my last move and I could NOT afford that at all! As Monique said, somehow you WILL get through this. Try to take some "me" time for yourself even if it's just 5 minutes to enjoy a nice cup of tea. I sure hope this is it for a while for you guys. Moving is the pits!! Sending love and hugs your way my dear! xoxo

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Sorry I'm not closer, I would help you move. Moving sucks, and in bad weather and near the holidays just adds to that.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Awe Sherri, I am so sorry this is all happening right now. I truly wish I was for hours west of here, and in better physical shape to help you.
    (although I would volunteer DH). Your Christmas celebration will happen, when it happens. It isn't about the decorations and the gifts anyway, and I know you know that. It is the spirit in your heart that makes it joyful. I have had money, and been completely broke. The 2 years that I had NO $ for anything for Christmas, were the 2 best ones I think I ever had. We made do...and I made things for the nieces and nephews from yarn and scraps that people had given me, and my sis bought me the scraggliest tree I think I have ever seen. But the joy of the season was in my heart, and it was all beautiful. Sending hugs and prayers for you.

Leave a comment:

• nayzie
    replied

Just remind yourself: the family is together, warm & feed. Everything will come together. {{{ hugs }}}

Leave a comment:

• Amarillo19
    replied

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, especially at this time of year. Moving is hard; we've done it 7 times. But you will get through this. And all of us here care about you and the worries and stress you're having. I'll be praying for you.

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied

So sorry Sherri about your discouragement and stress right now. Moving is so difficult by itself, and I can definitely understand your resentment about hubby's company and it's poor decisions - both business and the treatment of employees with families who are sacrificing for those poor decisions. But don't let that resentment take over and cast a shadow over the holiday you keep in your heart. Even soup and sandwiches eaten off of a card table can be a wonderful feast when shared with the people you love around you making plans for a better future.

Leave a comment:

• bhaggerty
    replied

Hang in there as others have said!

Praying for you and your family!

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

I'm sorry this is happening to you, but Christmas is not about the decorations.

Leave a comment:

• shermur
    replied

Beth...I understood last year...delaying Christmas then too. DH was moving the military daughter last Christmas from San Diego to Fort Smith and our holidays were delayed last year, too. OMG!

Leave a comment:

• klgls
    replied

Oh Sherri - I feel your pain. I'm retiring the end of this year, training my replacement, and moving - it definitely is stressful. I'm saying a prayer for you.

Leave a comment:

• LauraP
    replied

Okay, what do you need help with? If it's packing kitchen stuff hire some of your daughters friends. They need Christmas money! If it's moving boxes the coach at the high school should be able to suggest some strong backs. Check with the local churches, a lot of them have service groups. The senior center is a good resource too. Of course, you will have to listen to their stories as they pack but some of them are quite hilarious.
    As for your daughter, I moved a lot as a child and always found it exciting. I didn't make friends easily but there were always new things to do and I got to remake myself. My sister on the other hand, 18 months older, hated moving. She needed the stability in her life. But we both survived and turned into semi-normal people.
    Do what you can do and realize in the long term this move isn't such a big deal. But in the short term it sucks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X