Overwhelming.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwhelming.....

This move is going to be the end of me.....

Hubby went to the new job last week; 6 weeks ago when he was told of the transfer that his boss would get us "muscle" to help load and unload. Guess what? Not happening....

Not to mention, we were not allowed the funds from the company we had regarding our initial move to River Valley Arkansas. The funding is much less by 65%. I will just tell you how I feel, while wearing my heart on my sleeve.

It feels like the last two and a half years have been for nothing. I am getting too old and too out of shape to be doing the physical aspects of packing/moving a plethora of too much stuff. It's the absolute crappy time of the year to be moving...the weather forecast isn't good this weekend. Half of our things are in the new place and half are still in Arkansas. And...no help.

I have contacted everyone I know near the new place. With family Christmas celebrations going on, the prospect of help is not good. Here comes my "Scrooge/Grinch" attitude....I will apologize now.

I guess I feel slighted? Asking myself, "How much more do I sacrifice?" Will there be time or funds for Christmas? Will there be a tree erected and decorated? Will winter weather hold off long enough to get everything moved? It seems we will have to make a special trip to Fort Smith the day after the moving truck is emptied, so we can get the extra vehicle up to Springfield. We're short a driver....

I will be so glad when this is over; and I pray God give me the strength, both physically and mentally to get to some kind of normal. I wish the move would have happened 6 months ago, instead of now. The initial move to Arkansas has been a huge regret....and I also pray that I will not endure the calamity of finding another job that I had in Fort Smith.

I also ask myself...does anyone care?
    Last edited by shermur; December 14, 2016, 03:53 AM.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Re: Overwhelming.....

Oh Sherri, how awful for you. I wish I could help you. Somehow, somewhere you will find the strength to get through this. Put Christmas off for a few days if you have to. I will say some prayers for you.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thank you, Monique...that means a lot. Here lately, I have to restrain myself somewhat to not lash out at hubby's company for making bad business decisions. DH has devoted over 12 years of service to the company he works for and we are put in a predicament I just has soon not be experiencing.

Not to mention how unfair the situation probably seems to DD (she turns 16 next week). Halona will be starting school in her 4th school district. Her life in recent years has been upheaved and chaotic.....stability very questionable. Prayers are appreciated, sweetie.....thank you again!
      Sherri

Comment

Sherri....sorry to hear about your troubles.
        You will get through it.
        As Monique suggested, put off Christmas for a few days.
        I will say a prayer right now that something wonderful results from this awful situation.

Comment

Oh Sheri - so sorry you have to go through this, especally at this time of year. I really wish there was something I could do to help.
          It sounds crazy, but try to relax a little and first and foremost take care of Sheri. Christmas can certainly wait a few days - heck you could start a new tradition in your family - Christmas in January!!!!

Sending prayers for you all.

Comment

Thanks, ladies. My sister is already having her extended family Christmas on January 1st. Not to mention there is 3 other birthdays after Halona's by the end of the year.....yikes! But, I guess it wouldn't hurt to post pone Christmas by a little bit.....
            Sherri

Comment

Sherri...Taking one day at a time is how I handle mountains of stress. I try to concentrate on the day I'm in and not borrow potential trouble from tomorrow. I know it sounds too simple, but that's how I've gotten through a lot of heavy situations. When I feel myself getting too stressed I make myself stop and have some quiet time and pray to get myself centered again and then I get back to the situation at hand.

Your DHs company has really dropped the ball and is the source of much of your stress. I know the concerns you have for Halona and they are very real concerns. On the other hand, you have a beautiful new home in a great town with good schools. I'm sure she will soon make new friends and life will be good for her again.

You are settling into an area with lots of employment potential. You will find a good job. You have great skills and you're willing to work hard....a great combination.

It's not the end of the world if it's too much to put up a tree and decorate for Christmas. One year when I was quite sick I wasn't able to even think about putting up a tree, so I took a quilt that had a lot of red and green in it and I folded it into a long triangle and pinned it to the wall. We put our gifts on the floor in front of the tree. It was one of our best holidays ever.

I know how stressed you are, Sherri, and my heart goes out to you. My prayers continue for strength and peace for you.

Big Hugs to you.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Oh Sherri - a big hug from me to you
                I'm sorry that your hubby's company royally screwed up on this one
                Over the years, we've had times with no tree, times with no presents, times with no decorations. Those are fun things, but not earth shattering if they don't happen for some reason or another. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to get it all done! Life is life.

Comment

Sheri, I'm so sorry you're going through all this, especially at this time of year. I will join with the chorus of prayers going up on your behalf. Maybe you can find one of those small table-top trees and use that this year. We have done that before. Or use Barb's idea of a Christmas quilt taped to the wall. When you think of the whole move in one piece, it is too big for you - break it down piece by piece and do one step at a time. God bless!
                  Cindy

Comment

My heart goes out to you at this glorious time of celebration. We all get stressed just thinking of the
                    commercial aspect of Christmas and the move on top of it certainly is overwhelming. This will be a wonderful time for you to read "the immortal Nicholas" and find solace in the birth of Christ. Imagine when Joseph told Mary that they had to go pay their taxes and eventhough she was due to have that baby, she would have to go and get counted. I bet she said, "why couldn't we have done this in July"...
                    Relax...know that it will get done...enjoy the ride.
                    As for your daughter and her constant moving...what a wonderful opportunity for her to meet new people and if she has made mistakes in the past with her peers it is her chance to become a new person and a new face and reinvent her personality. She can become the joy of the school, miss enthusiasm, the greatest new kid in the school. I remember one of my children at age 12, I asked her if she was ever unhappy...because she always seemed so bubbly and upbeat...and she answered...."of course not, Mom., But no one wants to be around someone who is unhappy, so I just always try to be "up". She learned her lesson early and I have tried to follow.
                    The other day, I heard this on the radio...there are only 4 human emotions...fear, anger, sadness and Joy. Joy will override all of the other emotions if you practice. It is the one we have control over. Try to find joy in all you do and you will have peace. It is hard sometimes but I will pray for you and your family.
                    Let us count our blessings now and always and Merry Christmas to you and yours. May the New Year bring you a bountiful of happiness and JOY.
                    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                    Terry

Comment

Sherri, sending hugs to you. As overwhelmed as you feel you will get through this and come out on the other side much stronger. You've got some wonderful things to look forward to and new experiences in a new home/town.
                      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Oh Sherri, you brought back memories of our Christmas time move. The military does not care about the holidays and we needed to move quickly, no time for planning and did not have a new home set to move in to, 2 small children and a cross country move. We ended up with a tiny little tree and just hung candy canes and hard candies on, spent Christmas Eve stringing popcorn for the tree-our Christmas was spent in a hotel room! Santa found us a week later and we had a real celebration.
                        Praying your move goes quickly and you are able to find the joy in Christmas.
                        Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Prayers to get you and your family through this move and that 2017 rings in only good things for you and your family.

Comment

Okay, what do you need help with? If it's packing kitchen stuff hire some of your daughters friends. They need Christmas money! If it's moving boxes the coach at the high school should be able to suggest some strong backs. Check with the local churches, a lot of them have service groups. The senior center is a good resource too. Of course, you will have to listen to their stories as they pack but some of them are quite hilarious.
                            As for your daughter, I moved a lot as a child and always found it exciting. I didn't make friends easily but there were always new things to do and I got to remake myself. My sister on the other hand, 18 months older, hated moving. She needed the stability in her life. But we both survived and turned into semi-normal people.
                            Do what you can do and realize in the long term this move isn't such a big deal. But in the short term it sucks!
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh Sherri - I feel your pain. I'm retiring the end of this year, training my replacement, and moving - it definitely is stressful. I'm saying a prayer for you.
                              ***Kathy***

Comment

Working...
                              X