Happy Monday Morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Monday Morning!

Good Morning, Afternoon, evening or in some cases, Happy Tuesday - does anyone really know what time it is?? Oh yes, I do! It is the last week before Christmas & the day before Hanukkah begins. I couldn't get any of my images to load this morning, so you just have
    ME !

I had a wonderful weekend. After work on Saturday my DD took me to lunch and we did a wee bit of Christmas shopping. Then I joined Mom and Sis at Mom's house for the cookie baking. Oy, did we ever bake. Of course, I ate almost as much as we made - after all, Christmas is the time to never count carbs, calories, etc. I pay not attention to those bad words even when it isn't a holiday. I know I should. But not to worry, that won't be on my New Years Resolution either.
    My birthday yesterday was very pleasant as well. Woke up at Mom's with my husband, Mom and Sister staring at me when I woke up. Yikes! What a wake up call. They were all singing happy birthday - none of them can carry a tune but it was sweet music to my ears. Yep, Rebecca, I am officially a week older than you. I have no fear that you shall catch up in 6 days.

I am on my last minute rush to finish a few more small things up - since I got a new sidewinder as a birthday gift from DD, I can really make hay! Yippee! My old one got slapped to the floor one time too many by Dinah Kitty. This one shall be hidden from Kitty's viewing and swatting pleasure.

Have a great day everyone!
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Happy Monday Morning!

Good morning Blondie and Happy Belated Birthday.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Hi Myrna
      Don't you have a birthday this week as well? We really should start a birthday thread where our regulars can post their days.
      Hmmm
      I hope you have a wonderful day, pretty lady with talented fingers and the obvious good taste of being a part of this great group !
      Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Thanks Blondie...Yes, today is my birthday.
        *~* Myrna *~*
        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Happy Birthday! Yet another twin of mine! I still have some birthday cake to share with you. I did just eat a big piece with my morning coffee - still, there is some of that (chocolate with chocolate frosting) and then there is the coconut cake my Mom made which is yummy as well. that is to be my brunch and I shall share with you as well.
          Have a wonderful day! Hope it is as pleasant as mine was.
          Sewing mends the soul.
          sigpic

~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Happy birthday Myrna, and happy b-day one day late Blondie! Wow, lots of December birthdays here on the forum (not me--I'm a May flower girl). I hope you all have great celebrations for your day.

Our DD arrived home Saturday afternoon from school. Its always so wonderful having her here. Today we're going to do some clothes shopping for her for our trip home this week. Any excuse for a new outfit you know. I don't mind. Spending time with her is what counts.

My DH is off work until Jan 3 now! He had 3 days of bereavement he was allowed and is taking them this week before we leave for San Diego. And he was planning on using up his vacation time the week between Christmas and New Years anyway. It's kinda strange having him home. Not as easy to get things done.

It's a very cold 10 degrees out this morning. I guess winter finally decided to hit!
            When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

blondie its actually Monday for you not tuesday ...its 10.51pm australian time on monday night...so it has tobe monday morning for you ...............and happy brithday....
              "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
              :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
                Good morning Blondie and Happy Belated Birthday.
                HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYRNA! HOPE YOU HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                  Hi Myrna
                  Don't you have a birthday this week as well? We really should start a birthday thread where our regulars can post their days.
                  Hmmm
                  I hope you have a wonderful day, pretty lady with talented fingers and the obvious good taste of being a part of this great group !
                  Look under "Calendar" and you can see all who have birthdays. At least those who included the date in their profile.

Comment

Monday morning indeed. 6 more sleeps. Yesterday I was tidying the two bedrooms for when Phil, Jodi and the two girls come next week. Sewing room was a wreck. Still have some cleaning to do. Worked on the b & w quilt some more. I will post a pic of it later. Snowed here last night. Might not be a green Christmas after all.

The weather is really bothering my knee. I was in a car accident almost 16 years ago in February and my knee got smashed up against the dash. It has been really sore these couple of days. Oh well, hard to keep a good woman down.

I have the parcel for Greg & Roxy ready to mail out. He's the one out west, who is moving closer next summer. WOOHOO! Can you tell I am excited?

Forgot to mention, I received an email about the quilt trip coming up next September to Philadelphia. I AM GOING!! Sending my deposit ASAP!!

That's about it for this gal. Off this butt to get some work done.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
                    Last edited by Monique; December 19, 2011, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Good Morning Ladies,

Happy Birthday to Blondie on day late and Myrna! Hope both of you have a wonderful day.

Have the last of the wrapping to do today. We have a few friends and family in for Christmas dinner looking forward to that.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
                      Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

Happy belated birthday! Glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend!
                        Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Good Morning Everyone....Happy belated B'Day Miss Blondie and Happy Birthday Myrna!!!!! You girls enjoy your special days!

I've been dealing with a very sick puppy....I'm fearing our little Molly will be leaving us very soon. I held her most of the day yesterday and she slept like a baby. I have no news other than this, so I will get off here and check in again later today.

Wishing all of you a wonderful day....Hugs
                          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Happy Birthday, Myrna! Celebrate hardy! Belated wishes for you, too, Blondie. December babies sure are special!

Martha, hope you get to do some fun stuff while Hubby is off. I know your heart is heavy, though. Thoughts of you remain as you deal with the loss of your mother.

Barbara...so sorry to hear about Molly. I know how special a dog is. They are so much a part of the family.

Have a good day everyone. I'm planning on getting some errands done. Can not believe Christmas is in a few days!

Cynthia

Comment

Happy Birthday to the Birthdays girls. What a way to get extra Christmas presents....snicker snicker!!!!!

Barbara.. my prayers are with you and Molly. I know how hard it is to tend to a sick dog that can't tell you where it hurts!
                              Donna
                              MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X