9 years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 years ago

I lost my Mom to cancer. At this time of year, especially, I wish she were still with us. Oh what fun she would have with Maizyn. She may be gone but NEVER forgotten.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: 9 years ago

((((Hugs)))) to you Monique. My mom left us suddenly 39 years ago. She only got to see two of her four grandsons and only my oldest has real memories of her. But all 4 know lots of stories about both her and my dad. They would be thrilled to greet their great-grandson arriving in a week or so. I plan on telling him all about his great grandparents
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Hugs and love darlin'. I lost my dad to cancer in '92, and my mom to COPD (same thing I have) in 2011. Never is easy this time of year.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

I lost my Mama to congestive heart failure in 2004 and she's in my thoughts every single day! I miss her something fierce, especially at this time of year.....
        sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

I lost both of my parents to cancer one month apart. It's always hard during the holidays.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I lost my mom in 1984, a few weeks before my 21st bday. It never doesn't hurt.

Comment

Hugs to all of you!

Comment

Oh, group hug everyone I am in the same boat, having lost both my parents more than ten years ago already. We were just talking about this yesterday at our Christmas cookie baking marathon---how things have changed so much with Smartphones and everything. I hardly have any photos of my parents, we didn't even have a camera until I was in high school, and I only have about 5-6 of them standing together. So at least our kids and gk will have lots of pictures of us. And our beautiful quilts.

Comment

(((HUGS))) to you Monique. I know that pain, my Mom has been gone for more than 20 yrs now, she died at Mother's Day, so it is always bittersweet. I often think how much my parents would be over the moon with my two little grandsons. Actually my Mom was gone before my youngest was born. She would have been crazy about him as she was about all of her grands. My best work friend lost her Mom this past week and is dreading Christmas.

Your Mom's memory will live on in you, your sons, and Maizyn and her children.
                  Donna

Comment

Hugs to everyone who is now an orphan. Mom's been gone four years this coming January. The pain is there. Dad left us 25 years ago - also in January.
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

So sorry for you Monique...I lost my Mom 18 years ago this January...she was very ill from Thanksgiving thru the Christmas holiday season that year...it was the worst holiday season I ever had...still miss her so much...we only had 1 granddaughter back then...she would have loved to have seen the other 9!!
                      Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

I feel the same pain, as I lost my Mum to cancer in 2001. I miss her everyday. I have no family left other than my husband and his brothers and sisters so I am truly an orphan and relate to all. Hugs to each and everyone of my Forum friends.
                        Peggiep
                        "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Hugs and prayers for all of you!!!!!!
                          Happy Quilting!

Comment

The holidays are hard for a lot of folks. My mom died the Sat. after Thanksgiving. Both my parents have been gone many yrs. My older bro. & sis both have died. In-laws also have died. DH & I sometimes feel like orphans. Only relative I have in CO is my GD, but she's 90 min. away, so it's hard for us to get together due to my caregiving of DH. Hugs to everyone. Cherish the good memories.

Comment

Working...
                            X