Wednesday already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday already?

Good morning dear friends. What a wonderful night we had last night at our Christmas meeting and gift exchange. WELL, my secret sister was moved to tears when she opened her gift. She didn't read the card first, but as soon as she saw the little quilt, she knew. And yes, she cried. She said she never expected it. The bag that everything was in, was also handmade, she thought that was the gift. I also gifted her with a Christmas table runner and a plastic table cloth. I on the other hand received from my sister, a Snowman decoration and a beautiful red pullover shawl, which I think I shall wear tonight. We picked new sisters for the new year and I got the one who had me this past year. Now they all want me as their secret sister, lol!! We enjoyed a delicious turkey dinner and made last minute preparations for tonight. We will serve about 108 people or so.

So today I need to get into the workshop and make another table runner or two.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Wednesday already?

Oh Monique I wish you were my secret santa. Sounds like a wonderful time, please post pics of your santa and shaw......we'd all love to see them.

I haven't been doing much sewing lately, fighting a bad bout with sinusitis and a double ear infection. The good news is that the dr gave me cough syrup with codeine to take at night, and the last 2 nights I have slept for 10 hours straight.....not even getting up to visit the bathroom.

I got a message from my niece yesterday asking me if I had 10 potato bags made up that she could buy for christmas gifts. Woe is me I only have 2 in my bin. So I'm off to Walmart to get some wrap and zap and then I'm a busy girl getting the other 8 made up and shipped out so they reach her in time. Funny, I seem to work better and more efficiently when I have a deadline to reach.....anyone else like that?

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

Morning Everyone....Today will be a sewing day. My goal is to finish the hemming of DDs table runner and to begin hemming our Christmas quilt. The last two years I have made two Christmas quilts. Last year they were Curved Log Cabins and this year Gift quilts. I see a trend here and will make a point not to do that again next year...lol!

Monique, I'm sure your friend was thrilled with your gift! Glad you had such a good time.

I'm off to the land of Sew & Rip....have a great day everyone.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning everyone. It appears I will be living in my sewing room today. I have to piece the back for the tardis quilt top. I'm hoping that the back will be big enough for the long arm machine (I need an extra 6" all the way around), and I"m pretty sure that I didn't include that in my calculation when I bought the fabric. So, I may be doing some extra piecing to that back. Sigh. On a good note, I will be longarming that quilt on Friday. Yah!

I also have a number of small Christmas projects that need to be made including 5 small bags and 1 pair of pj pants.

I guess that's it for me. Have a good one folks.

Comment

Good morning all!!
          Monique, I'm so glad that your secret sister loved her gifts (who wouldn't??)
          Carol, what is a potato bag? ...and yes, I, too, work well with a deadline
          Barb - I've seen your Christmas quilts - beautiful - I can't imagine making 2 quilts in time for Christmas, let alone one
          Lynda - that Tardis quilt - so cool! Can't wait to see it done. My daughter and I were looking through the pattern catalogue at JoAnn's the other day - they actually had dresses that were a Tardis and Dalek... I was tempted

So... my daughter is a licensed driver now!!! Yipeeeeaaaa! She passed her test easily. What really helped her was taking 4 prep classes with a driving school before the test. The instructor was so nice, and was also short like my daughter, so was able to give her pointers on 'short people driving'
          No sewing for me this week, except for transforming a skirt into a Dickens era skirt by adding some plaid to it! One of our fellowship churches does an awesome Christmas Village with shops, music, drama, etc... Originally, I knew that our band would be playing in a couple of weeks. Well, I was asked to fill in on keyboard this coming weekend, so I need to have a costume sooner! If anyone has any tips I'd loooove to hear them!!
          I hope everyone has a fantastic day... hugs.

Comment

Morning all! Monique sounds like a wonderful time was had by all! Barb all your quilts are so beautiful! But yes 2 quilts before Christmas 2 years in a row .Awesome! Everyone sounds busy. I am at a standstill on 2 projects awaiting my IKAPRINT labels. Hoping they arrive soon. I do have a quilt that needs to be quilted and my son gave me a way to quilt it as I was stumped. We had snow again last night but it is changing to rain and melting pretty fast. Its ok with me I don't work today. Have a great day all.
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

Getting things boxed to be mailed today.. Friday is the deadline I need to mail out everything. Whew, I know I'm getting old when that is the only thing I can cross of my to do list.. or are there too many goodies?? Nope, never too many.

There is a binding on a quilt that needs finished and I can box up everything going to the Abuse Center. Then I'm gonna take a nap.. Naps are necessary . Naps are daily requirements... And Naps keep this Ol Granny from becoming Grouchy..
              Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
              :icon_wave:

Comment

[QUOTE=songbird857;924069]Good morning all!!
                Monique, I'm so glad that your secret sister loved her gifts (who wouldn't??)
                Carol, what is a potato bag? ...and yes, I, too, work well with a deadline
                Barb - I've seen your Christmas quilts - beautiful - I can't imagine making 2 quilts in time for Christmas, let alone one
                Lynda - that Tardis quilt - so cool! Can't wait to see it done. My daughter and I were looking through the pattern catalogue at JoAnn's the other day - they actually had dresses that were a Tardis and Dalek... I was tempted

So... my daughter is a licensed driver now!!! Yipeeeeaaaa! She passed her test easily. What really helped her was taking 4 prep classes with a driving school before the test. The instructor was so nice, and was also short like my daughter, so was able to give her pointers on 'short people driving'
                No sewing for me this week, except for transforming a skirt into a Dickens era skirt by adding some plaid to it! One of our fellowship churches does an awesome Christmas Village with shops, music, drama, etc... Originally, I knew that our band would be playing in a couple of weeks. Well, I was asked to fill in on keyboard this coming weekend, so I need to have a costume sooner! If anyone has any tips I'd loooove to hear them!!
                I hope everyone has a fantastic day... hugs.[/QUOTE

Here's the you tube link to the pattern I use .... they make great gifts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jIarYmIioc

Comment

Working...
                X