Houseworking Night Owl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houseworking Night Owl

I don't know what happened to my day! OK, I do. Laundry, vacuuming, a bit of dusting, dinner prep, general setting things back to rights. It doesn't seem like three people could make this much disorder, but apparently we can. I think it happens one little bit at a time.
    One thing gets set someplace, and then another. "I don't really want to walk all the way to the other end of the house to put it away, so I'll set it on the table." The table is kind of magic. If it gets set there it miraculously finds its way to where it belongs when Mom can't stand to see things piling up there. A paper napkin, an empty cup, assorted dinosaurs. You name it. Ugh! I go on a rampage every now and then. That will keep it clear for a week or two, and then things creep back.

Tomorrow is a run to the feed mill, a stop by the P.O., and the rest of it is mine behind the sewing machine!

Thankfully I am done with the fall session of after school sewing lessons, so I have one more PTA meeting, and a last Hands on Art class, and I am clear for the rest of the school year until after Winter break. Yea! Maybe, just maybe, I can get some of these things checked off my to-do list!

How was Monday in your neck of the woods?
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Re: Houseworking Night Owl

Hoot hoot! We got five inches of snow this weekend but it is compressed down to three now. Now it is going to get cold this week.

The Bulls lost by two but the Warriors game has been a ball...Klay Thompson scored sixty points in three quarters! I think they are ahead by 39 in the fourth quarter at the moment...

When do you think we will hear from Joan (stationary mom) after her graft surgery? I want to know how she's doing!

I made shortbread tonight after putting my recipe up online...it made me hungry for it!

Comment

Good morning owls! I'm up to get ready for work. I spent a good amount of time in my bed and on the couch coughing and sneezing last week, I have to catch up on things in the office today.
      Pascal came home yesterday to sleep here (it's closer to the trains and the bus starting point) and he's going to visit his friend in Chemnitz in Eastern Germany for the rest of the week. It's going to take the whole day to go there by bus but it's way cheaper than going by train.

I know that kind of table, we have a similar one. And apparently also magical self-vacuuming, self-cleaning floors and surfaces in general. They appeared to be broken last week though, there are dust bunnies on the floors right now. lol

I hope all is well with Joan and the surgery was a success!

Comment

Andrea, I'm glad you are feeling better!
        We had better add the magic sink for the dishes too. :icon_eyeroll:

Great Kim, now I want shortbread cookies too. Dang it! It was bad enough when I was just craving Spritz cookies.
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I think they must have had a sale on that magnetic table! I have one also ... with the same empty cup and napkin ... but no dinosaurs (so far.) It was clear when I left to come on this retreat but I'll bet my bottom dollar that there will be clutter there when I get back. Steve has been home all this time and I'm sure he has made some contribution. The table here is reserved for fabric!

Also waiting to her from someone about Joan. Hope they have given her some pain meds to help her recover.

A bit rainy here Sunday night and more on the way. Supposed to rain all day Tuesday. Hopefully it will decrease the fire risk in the western part of the state.

Comment

Cathy, they must sell that kind of table all over the country...........because we have one too! Recently I spent 30 minutes putting things away that we had piled on the table.

I worked on quilting my Grinch quilt yesterday and went to our guild party last night.

We really need to get out tree set up but I hope to finish my quilt first.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Working...
            X