Elf on the Shelf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elf on the Shelf

I just ordered one for my dd to have for my GS. Do you have any fun stories you did with this little guy?
    🌺 Lorie

Re: Elf on the Shelf

None of them that would be appropriate for children. I think they are pretty creepy.
    Google images of Elf on a Shelf. They have waterboarding, snowman shredding, and most recently, an Elsa freezing.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

lol My grandson is only under two and I don't think my daughter would ever do anything icky. But now I have to go look. lol
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

My daughter and her best friend were roommates for a year while travel nursing. They got an elf. I too cannot shre many of them as they are not for kids. But that elf sure had some fun. Wine and troubles galore. One of my favorites though was elf got into the toilet paper and made a huge mess. They took turns and it was hilarious. Hope some forum friends post some stories.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

My grands have one and love it. His name is Eric and he usually shows up after the tree is put up. DG spent the night with me and Eric came to my house . He made the biggest mess with pasta in the kitchen floor . I told her I have too much to do and to take that thing home with her. Of course Eric didn't listen and showed up again. Your grandson will love it.
          dec 2014 108.jpg
          Last edited by TMP; December 1, 2016, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Pinterest has a bunch of cute ones that are child appropriate.

My cousin has one he calls Winston. Winston flies Rob's RC airplanes, drives his RC cars, redecorates the tree, and other stuff. It ought to be interesting to see what Winston comes up with in Rob's new pool.
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I'd stuff him in a meat grinder and put him outside for the birds to use for nesting.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy, that would be a terrible waste of $27. I have feathers for that.

I haven't known about these for too long, wish I did when my girls were younger. I bought the one with a book, so I'm interested in reading it.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

I saw the Elsa freezing picture yesterday. Make sure there are no Barbies in the house, it seems the elf can get overly friendly.
                  K is for Karen 😊​..................
                  Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                  T - is it TRUE?
                  H - is it HELPFUL?
                  I - is it INSPIRING?
                  N - is it NECESSARY?
                  K - is it KIND?

Comment

My husband stuffed mine inside the toilet paper roll....
                    I have several vintage ones I picked up at a garage sale

Comment

pinterest. There are a ton of cute ones. I follow someone on fb with elf stories. She has 4 kids and does cute things. One night the elf got in the flour and left it smeared on the counter with elf foot prints. He wanted to make Christmas cookies. lOL

Comment

wow. I have not see them at sales. I have a vintage one I grew up with. Before the whole 'elf' craze. My mom also had a collection of pixies I got. She would place them around the house hanging on wall sconces and things with some greenery. I just thought they were fun decorations as a kid. LOL

Comment

I found a birthday elf set for the elf at Tuesday morning a few days ago. I am tempted to go back and buy another. I got this one as a gift.

Comment

My daughter in law does Elf for my GS, and she comes up with the funniest (kid appropriate) adventures for him. She starts after Thanksgiving, here's a few that I remember, some from last year:

1. Fishing in the toilet bowl, sits elf on the tank, made a makeshift fishing rod, and put Goldfish crackers in the bowl.
                            2. Delivering mail, elf's butt was sticking outside the mail slot in the door, head and hands inside holding a note for GS
                            3. "All aboard the SHOE SHOE train" using black tape, made a railroad track around the kitchen, for train cars, she used various shoes (with various stuff animals & figurines as passengers) with Elf driving the train.
                            4. Big Star Wars fan, so has done a number of SW themes. Recently, had elf holding the remote control for one of GS's SW flying thingings which was suspended from the ceiling

She cracks me up with her creativity!

Comment

We have one in an old Christmas box, I think...I think when I was around 5 my mom hid it in a new place every day and I was supposed to search and find where in the house she put it. I don't remember it happening often so she must have tired of that game! I just thought it was supposed to watch to see if you are naughty and report to Santa...it was a little narc!

Comment

Working...
                              X