Early Night Owl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Night Owl

Hoot hoot! I am about ready to fall asleep but had to hoot a photo of my table runner.P1020160.jpg

It was a lot more work than I thought it would be. If you go to my album you can see closeups of the decorative stitches on the seams.

The Bulls lost to the Lakers at home in Chicago. Both teams were missing their shots. It was not fun to watch.

I'm off to bed. Hoot your news! @,@

Re: Early Night Owl

6 pillowcases kitted up and burrito-ed (new word?) Ready to sew in the morning. Got up late today - but am still more tired than usual. So I'm going to bed earlier than usual too.

Oh - I did take 2 breaks today. Too nice to stay indoors (it was mid-70's today) so I took a trip to get the paper and a bottled soda. Then later went to the Ice Cream Social at the Re center here. I was the only one who showed up from all the guests here this weekend. Guess everyone else was taking day trips to the palace or the beach. My husband will be coming up for a day soon. I love that he is willing to shop on the way up. Saves me the 8 mile one-way trip to the store.

So is it warmer, cooler or season appropriate where you are? G'Nite & Be areful.....

Comment

Totally loving the table runner. The colors are beautiful and will really brighten up a table.
      Karen
      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Kim, I'm in love with your table runner, it's so bright and pretty!

Judy, wherever you are, can I come, please? It's been below zero here for the past week or so and I don't like it.

I've gotten really sick and may stay at home today. From the waist above everything hurts from coughing and sneezing. Have a good night and a nice day tomorrow, owls! I think I'm going to crawl back into my nest with a hot tea soon.

Comment

Went to bed earlier then usual and now I'm up bright eyed. Kim, loved the way the table runner turned out. Such happy colors.

you could come visit any time! But you better make it soon; we're going back down into the lower 50's tomorrow. But that's still better than zero. Sorry you're ill ... hope the tea helps.

Comment

I need to be sewing, but I am clipping and counting BoxTops, soup labels, and market receipts. Ugh.
            I love working with the kids, but I am kind of tired of dealing with their parents.

Good news. My Connecting Threads order shipped. I have three quilt backings winging my way. Whoo Hoo!

Sad news. One of our police officers was shot and killed this evening. They don't have the suspect in custody yet.

I had better get more of those BoxTops done.
            Hugs, C
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Kim, I did go to your album and I love the decorative stitches on the table runner! It just makes it so special. I also love the fabric. Is it Kaffe?

I mailed a quilt to my DH niece today. Two weeks ago Sunday she lost her mom ( DH sister). She has had a rough time these past couple of years . Her two year old nephew was murdered, she then lost her sister to cancer and her brother to cancer and now her mom to a stroke and complications. I am sure she must feel so alone. She is so strong. I just can not imagine this amount of heart ache in such a short period. I just wanted to do something for her and no idea what .

I also finished up my Christmas quilt gifts . Its a good feeling to have those out of the way.

I found a pattern that I like called "Have it all wallet" After making the NCW this is a breeze. I plan on doing some Auburn and Alabama ones for the grandkids teachers.

Oh my goodness I just realized how I am rambling!

Comment

Hoot hoot again! I am awake again...yep, that is Kaffe fabric! I was amassing it for a couple of years. I really haven't liked his recent collections and haven't bought his stuff since. I am trying to get started on "The Village" which is an applique quilt with his fabrics...I'm working on the tenth block now. I'm pretty sure I have photos in another one of my albums. Right now I'm working on the trees. http://www.gloriouscolor.com/store.php?cat=574
                The designer, Kim McLean has a Pinterest page with her comments on the blocks https://www.pinterest.com/km0089/kim...s-the-village/

Comment

Love your table runner Kim...what is the pattern.

fighting some sort of upper respritory infection.....coughing like crazy...and each day it's a little worse. Problem is I've committed to work in our church office today and tomorrow. I usually love doing it, but feeling like I do it's probably not gonna be so much fun.

The house is torn upside down right now. Had what we thought was a dryer problem, but 89.00 later we find out its the breaker box. So, while the laundry room is torn up, why not paint it before we put it back together. Add to that, the chirstmas stuff has been gotten out and is sitting everywhere waiting for DH to finish the laundry room. He loves to help so I dare not start putting it all around till he's right beside me.

Off to get ready for "work".....Lord help me!!!!

Comment

I'm still up too. I got some sewing done, but I ran into a snag with a pinwheel quilt I'm doing. It's got wavy edges. I ironed and starched it but it didn't help much. So I'm going to have to measure each pinwheel and see which blocks need to be altered. I am hoping it's just a matter of increasing the seams between a few blocks. I have set it aside for now because it's stressing me out.

I have a cross stitch project I'm working on too. It's nice to have something to work on while I'm watching television. I can see that the little buttons/charms I ordered are too big for the size of the project. So I am on the hunt for a smaller button pack or maybe I can make them? I haven't made my own before, but it looks like they are made of something like playdoh. They aren't painted, the coloring is mixed into the clay. I'll have to do some research on this. Put this one aside for now too.

I decided a little reading would be nice and hopefully get me sleepy. I'm reading the Outlander series - book 4 (Drums of Autumn). I'm a third of the way through the book. Not sleepy at all though. sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
                      Love your table runner Kim...what is the pattern.
                      http://gladcreationsquilts.blogspot....p-crazy-6.html

Comment

Working...
                      X