Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Tennessee forum members, please check in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlie Wolf
    replied
    Re: Eastern Tennessee forum members, please check in!

I'm wondering how tnmtgrl is doing. She hasn't posted in a while and I'm not sure in what part of Tn she lives.

Leave a comment:

• Patsquilting
    replied

Hi: we are about 50 miles northeast of Gatlinburg. Fortunately, we are fine here. No smoke coming up this way this time. Last week, very heavy smoke - My heart goes out to all the people there who have lost their homes, etc. Yes, prayers going out to them

Leave a comment:

• Navy Wife
    replied

Pigeon Forge and Sevierville are mostly OK. A few brush fires on the edge of town in Pigeon Forge. They have lifted the evacuation orders for Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. Gatlinburg is the worst hit. Lots of homes burned to the ground, especially the chalets up on the mountainsides. However, the downtown area and the Glades arts and crafts community are mostly untouched. You may be able to get pictures on Facebook, or on our local TV stations. They are WBIR, WVLT,WATE. I like WBIR best. All are Knoxville stations.

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

OMG! DH called me with this news this morning. Pigeon Forge is our most favorite place to vacation. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Smoky Mountains!! I am praying for everyone & truly hope the fires are put out soon. I feel so helpless & am wishing I could help some way. My heart goes out to you who live there.

Gina

Leave a comment:

• mischiefkat
    replied

My niece and her family evacuated Sieverville last night and are currently staying in a motel an hour out of G Burg. They left without anything, but what they could carry. No idea about their house or neighbors. Prayers for all who live there. Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Navy Wife
    replied

Navy Wife reporting! I'm fine. We're about 30 miles from Gatlinburg, so in no danger. The devastation is heart breaking. Our news station has been on the air since 9 or so last night.

The only thing you can do is contribute to the Red Cross and/or pray for this area. The fires are not out yet.

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    started a topic Eastern Tennessee forum members, please check in!

Eastern Tennessee forum members, please check in!

Please let us know how you are faring, and how we can help and/or pray!
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/29/us/gat...res/index.html
Working...
X