Happy Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Saturday

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

It's been a bit of an adventure this week. I bought my Brother Scan N Cut 2 and last night I did my first cuts. So much fun!

DH wants to buy me accessories for my Babylock serger for Christmas, so I wandered over to the local shop where I bought her and was ignored by both store owners. This has happened before, but not since I spent mega$$$ on this machine. As a result, I decided to never darken their doorstep again. Yesterday, I drove 45 minutes to take a learn your serger class at another dealer. Was SO much fun. Only 3 of us in the class and me and one of the ladies really hit it off.

Today I will be going to see my MIL to pick up her late 70s/early 80s Viking sewing machine. I don't have any place to put it, but she has decided to start downsizing and I don't think she's really sewed in years.

Thats about it. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Re: Happy Saturday

Good Morning Everyone,

We're socked in with fog this morning. I took the Girls out early and had to take the big flashlight to keep track of them.

We are going to decorate our tree today. This is Jeff's favorite thing to do every year as far as indoor projects. I never saw a man who loves Christmas like he does.

Lynda, that's sad about your experience with your dealer. Sadly I hear about it happening all the time around here, too. My friend bought a top of the line Bernina in Springfield (almost a 3 hour drive from her) and had to go back the next day because she was having problems and the same salesperson ignored her and didn't even remember her. I have gotten the cold shoulder from the staff in that shop, too, and refuse to give them any more of my business. Thank goodness for M*!!!

I think that era Viking machine may use cams to change the stitches. It will be interesting to see what you think.

I have a full plate today of little projects. Wishing everyone a great Saturday.
    Last edited by Bubby; November 26, 2016, 06:28 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning all. Chilly, cloudy morning here today and we have no heat. . I told dh that we should have breakfast first and then he'll see if he can get it started with the restart button (that hardly ever works but they ask you to try before calling) and then we'll call for service. I'm thankful it didn't go out on Thanksgiving.

I am planning on spending a lot of time in my sewing room today getting ready for next weekends Artisan Show. Hubby will make tacos for supper so no cooking for me.

Have a good day everyone.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good afternoon about ready to do some food shopping. First we'll stop at Michael's to pick up the small prelit Christmas tree I ordered, just hope they aren't having a Black Saturday sale.

How is everyone doing with their Thanksgiving leftovers? Since we went to DGD's for Thanksgiving dinner there were no meal leftovers for us but we did take a few pieces of the pies home. Missed my cousin Toni's annual Turkey Soup and Sandwich party yesterday but here's a photo her DD posted. Toni wears that turkey hat all day while she dishes out turkey soup from that huge soup pot. She's pretty short and I think she uses a little step stool to reach into the pot. Her dining room holds a huge table filled with sandwiches and goodies and people come and go all afternoon and evening.
        TONI.jpg

Comment

May, that is the biggest soup pot I've ever seen!!!

Comment

How about this years dessert table?
            tonis table.jpg

Comment

Wow, May, that's a lot of desserts! I love the soup bowls she is using in the other picture.
              Cindy

Comment

Wow what a great feast! I want a piece of that chocolate cake in the front of the table. Like want it right now!!!

Comment

Working...
                X