Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Thanksgiving message . . .

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am trying - really trying - to stay as current as I can. I have the feeling I am like the Titanic, hitting that silent, surprising iceberg and slowly, slowly sinking! I can say with quite certainty I will be glad to say good bye to this year!! So as 2016 continues it's march through my soul, it is this day - this designated time that is set apart for reflection and gratefulness. To watch humongus caricatures float in the sky above our heads, to answer the phone while stirring a yummy pot of Grandma's dressing, watch the hubby wrangle the tree in the living room because our motto has always been, the heck with the turkey - get out the tree! - To say I am thankful out loud for the many blessings I take for granted each and every day.

I hope you would know that you are included in my thankfulness . . . for the friendships I have made, how you have enriched my life and shown me over and over that kindness still lives in our hearts. You don't need to be reminded to hug your family or smile at a stranger. You need to be reminded that in all of your busyness of doing for others that you matter. You may never know how many people have been thankful for you. How many folks you haven't seen in awhile will have your name or face pop in their head - and will give a silent nod of thanks for you. I know I will.

Join me today in letting your inner child play. Eat lots of turkey, cookies, pie, and be kind to your host/hostess. Wash some dishes.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Another Thanksgiving message . . .

Hi, Sis...Great hearing from you and thank you for the gentle reminder. You are near the very top of my thankful list. Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving with Hugs.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Comment

Thank you for being my friend. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Blondie.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Blondie, so good to see you here. You are missed. Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family. Happy Thanksgiving
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Wonderful to see your posting, it is on the top of the list of things I'm Thankful for This Year.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Blondie! You're a blessing to many. (((HUGS)))
              *~* Myrna *~*
              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Just a quick "Happy Thanksgiving " to all.

Dave

Comment

Everyone here is on my thankful list, too!
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Blondie! You are on top of my list as many here are.
                    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all my special quilty friends,!
                      Happy Quilting!

Comment

Blondie, your message and greeting and blessing is beautiful! Wishing you and yours, a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Your message is, indeed, a reminder for all of us to be thankful for friends, family and all the large and small blessings the Lord has provided us with. Forum friends are many to be thankful for. I am thankful for the friends made here. Happy Thanksgiving to each of you.
                        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Blondie,
                          Thank you for the beautiful post. Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving. Blessings Kathy
                          All quilts cat tested and approved.
                          sigpic

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving....I prepped a turkey breast into a crock pot, turn the crock pot on low and walked away at 4 AM. Here in a couple of hours, I'll start making the side dishes. It's just DH, DD (Halgal13) and me today. We are planning to try and relax some today as the next few days will be packing the house as much as we can to head to Springfield, MO and our new start (again)!

Many thoughts and prayers to those quilting friends and family this holiday season; I know this year has been trial and tribulation in many ways. I have two more weeks to work my job here in Arkansas, my sewing and quilting will be on hold until I can get a new sewing area set-up at the new home! I have one more meeting and Christmas dinner with the Belle Point Quilter's Guild, then on to another guild adventure in January 2017!

God has made me very aware lately He is watching over......many blessings to you all!
                            Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Blondie,
                              You are always in my thoughts although I have been remiss in keeping in touch, sometimes life just gets in the way and time seems to fly by too fast. I am thankful today and every day for all my forum friends and the friendships I've made here I hold dear.
                              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                              X