X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KarenC
    replied
    Re: The Spam

Karen, a huge thanks goes out to you for the time and effort you spend keep this forum up the way you do. It is appreciated, and we sometimes fail to remember to let you know, so THANKS!

Leave a comment:

• Suzette
    replied

I know it's a tireless, tedious job Karen, but know your efforts are known and very much appreciate here!

Leave a comment:

• cashs_mom
    replied

I hadn't encountered these spammers here before I read this post. I just ran into some last night. Thanks for keeping the site safe, Karen.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Thanks Karen.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
    Well they sure are catching on to post titles. I feel bad for you Karen having to take care of this crap.
    You noticed that too. This batch has a little better grasp on the English language.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Originally posted by snippet View Post
    Then shouldn't those who just post a a link to their blog page be blocked? I don't like click bait. But even more so, it dilutes the fun of this forum.
    If it were up to me I would do it in a heartbeat

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Well they sure are catching on to post titles. I feel bad for you Karen having to take care of this crap.

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Why do you think people come here and post links to their blog pages instead of just posting the pictures here? They are making money from their advertisers.
    Then shouldn't those who just post a a link to their blog page be blocked? I don't like click bait. But even more so, it dilutes the fun of this forum.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Why do you think people come here and post links to their blog pages instead of just posting the pictures here? They are making money from their advertisers.
    I have blocked the people who post their projects to blogs, then post the links to their blogs here. There is one in particular I've gotten a nasty, nasty virus from. Let her know, blame was placed on me, and she refused to do anything on her end of things. If you can't post it here, I'm not wasting my time clicking on different links to go see it.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
    Do they do this because clicks will give them money? I was watching a news segment on how some sites, blogs can make a lot!

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
    Too bad new members can't be run through paypal. But that would cost money. It's been a few years since I joined the forum so I don't know if anything new is in place but what if, when someone joins, that they are not accepted until an email has been sent from M* to them with login information. I know a lot of sites do that these days. Also those weird letters you have to type in to prove that you are not a robot! Sometimes I can't make heads or tails out of them and a few have a place to click to get another choice.
    They do have to get an email validation from the forum, but all that requires is a valid email address.

Leave a comment:

• Carlie Wolf
    replied

Vonnie I always have to get new info on those darn things. Sometimes three or four times! Very annoying. I think the people who make them up are sadists LOL

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Do they do this because clicks will give them money? I was watching a news segment on how some sites, blogs can make a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Originally posted by RiverMomm View Post

Since we are getting more spam this morning, I thought I would bump up this post as a reminder not to click on links posted by new members. Hopefully, they will get tired and go away.

Thanks again to our moderators who clean up our spam
    That's a great idea!

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Too bad new members can't be run through paypal. But that would cost money. It's been a few years since I joined the forum so I don't know if anything new is in place but what if, when someone joins, that they are not accepted until an email has been sent from M* to them with login information. I know a lot of sites do that these days. Also those weird letters you have to type in to prove that you are not a robot! Sometimes I can't make heads or tails out of them and a few have a place to click to get another choice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X