Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Spam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Spam

    Boy that's annoying. Looks like we're being targeted.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

    #2
    Re: The Spam

    I agree. Crazy people with no life
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

    Comment


      #3
      Re: The Spam

      And so many names. Maybe they should get a hobby, like quilting. lol
      🌺 Lorie

      Comment


        #4
        Re: The Spam

        Why now and why us?
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: The Spam

          Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
          Why now and why us?
          Not just now, ALWAYS. The spammers have figured out that there are a couple categories on the board that aren't flagging their posts with links automatically, Sew Together, Far Apart being one of them. So they started posting there and being seen by the rest of you. There are days when I go through and delete 25 or more people for the same thing that you are seeing now. I've emailed Alan and asked him to please make sure that the system filters ALL of the categories for spam as I do have to sleep and don't spend 24/7 here on the forum. They don't pay me enough. Oh wait, they don't pay me at all!

          You all just have to use enough common sense to NOT click on any links from a brand new user, with some really strange user name. That is one thing I noticed - since most spammers seem to be non-US residents, they don't quite have the knack of making names that make them blend in with the rest of the people here. If they ever figure out that they can stick granny, grammy, nana, etc. onto their names to fly under the radar we are doomed!
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.


          Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

          Comment


            #6
            Re: The Spam

            Thank you for taking out the trash Karen

            I remember back in the old days when we had the alt.news groups. We were in a sexual abuse recovery group and the spammers finally found us. Naturally what the spammers sent were all sex related. Some of the group use to get triggered constantly. Unfortunately eventually the spammers won. Pity because it had been a very supportive group before that. That was before the Facebook and Twitter days.
            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: The Spam

              Unfortunately there will always be these people on any forum. If any of you play online games you find them there also. I agree no life-ers. They are very annoying
              sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
              Time spent with cats is never wasted.
              Sigmund Freud

              Comment


                #8
                Re: The Spam

                Thanks for everything you do to keep the forum clear of this type of trash, Karen. Hopefully Alan will step in and filter. They should pay you double - OH, Wait! That would still be nothing wouldn't it!?!?!?!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: The Spam

                  Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                  If they ever figure out that they can stick granny, grammy, nana, etc. onto their names to fly under the radar we are doomed!
                  I had to laugh at the names. You are so right, if the name was a grandmother type, I would be much more likely to click on it.

                  Since we are getting more spam this morning, I thought I would bump up this post as a reminder not to click on links posted by new members. Hopefully, they will get tired and go away.

                  Thanks again to our moderators who clean up our spam

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: The Spam

                    Too bad new members can't be run through paypal. But that would cost money. It's been a few years since I joined the forum so I don't know if anything new is in place but what if, when someone joins, that they are not accepted until an email has been sent from M* to them with login information. I know a lot of sites do that these days. Also those weird letters you have to type in to prove that you are not a robot! Sometimes I can't make heads or tails out of them and a few have a place to click to get another choice.
                    Vonnie

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: The Spam

                      Originally posted by RiverMomm View Post

                      Since we are getting more spam this morning, I thought I would bump up this post as a reminder not to click on links posted by new members. Hopefully, they will get tired and go away.

                      Thanks again to our moderators who clean up our spam
                      That's a great idea!
                      Vonnie

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: The Spam

                        Do they do this because clicks will give them money? I was watching a news segment on how some sites, blogs can make a lot!
                        🌺 Lorie

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: The Spam

                          Vonnie I always have to get new info on those darn things. Sometimes three or four times! Very annoying. I think the people who make them up are sadists LOL
                          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: The Spam

                            Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                            Too bad new members can't be run through paypal. But that would cost money. It's been a few years since I joined the forum so I don't know if anything new is in place but what if, when someone joins, that they are not accepted until an email has been sent from M* to them with login information. I know a lot of sites do that these days. Also those weird letters you have to type in to prove that you are not a robot! Sometimes I can't make heads or tails out of them and a few have a place to click to get another choice.
                            They do have to get an email validation from the forum, but all that requires is a valid email address.
                            K is for Karen 😊​..................
                            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.


                            Before you speak,
                            T - is it TRUE?
                            H - is it HELPFUL?
                            I - is it INSPIRING?
                            N - is it NECESSARY?
                            K - is it KIND?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: The Spam

                              Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                              Do they do this because clicks will give them money? I was watching a news segment on how some sites, blogs can make a lot!
                              Why do you think people come here and post links to their blog pages instead of just posting the pictures here? They are making money from their advertisers.
                              K is for Karen 😊​..................
                              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.


                              Before you speak,
                              T - is it TRUE?
                              H - is it HELPFUL?
                              I - is it INSPIRING?
                              N - is it NECESSARY?
                              K - is it KIND?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X