Grandson Jack Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandson Jack Update

Jack has finished his scheduled rounds of chemo although they're keeping his port in in case they have to do more later. Next he's going to have 28 radiation treatments. That seems like a lot to me but I guess they're brief and he'll be able to go on to school each day after the treatment. He also has an ear infection that came from a sinus infection, and pneumonia. They're giving him amoxicillin and aren't worried about the infections, so I guess I shouldn't worry. He's been having shortness of breath and they're going to do a pulmonary test and an echo cardiogram. Goodness, the poor kid has had umpty ump tests. The radiologist said if one has to get cancer, lymphoma is the best kind. We're hoping and praying he'll be in remission soon so that he and his family can lead a somewhat normal life. Jack's parents have been extremely stress out. Jack, being a 17 year old boy, doesn't express too much emotion.

Re: Grandson Jack Update

Ann, thanks for the update. We will continue to pray that Jack will be free of cancer very soon. He may be talking with friends more than he would with his parents. You know how they are at that age. He probably doesn't want to worry mom & dad anymore than they already are.

Hugs to you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Prayers for Jack and all the family.

Comment

Thank you for the update....my prayers continue for Jack and his family.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thank you for your kind words and prayers. I feel like crying when I see the kindness of the people on this site.

Comment

The prayers have been on-going. He's a real trooper!! If you do have to cry, let them be tears of joy that he's on his way to full recovery.
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Continuing to pray for Jack and all the family.
              Cindy

Comment

In spite of infections it sounds like things are going pretty well. Not out of the woods yet but definitely getting there. I think of you often. It is hard not to worry isn't it.

Comment

Continued prayers for Jack and his family.

Comment

Your grandson and the family is in my prayers and my thoughts, thanks for your information

Comment

Jack is in my prayers every single day. I will continue to pray for his full recovery and for strength for him and for you and your family too.

Thank you for the update. I know all of this is very very hard, not only for Jack, but also for you, his parents, and your whole family.

Comment

Continued prayers.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Sending healing thoughts for Jack and comfort and encouragement for all of the family.
                          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Thank you for the update. Continued prayers.

Comment

When MM starts his radiation, he will have 30 treatments, five days a week for six weeks, one hour each day. He has the biopsy scheduled for next month that needs to be done before they will start it. I'm interested to see how that next step goes.

Here's to hoping it all works out with Jack. I think of him often.
                              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
                              X