todays words of wisdom....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

todays words of wisdom....

As you know, MM lent our oldest his truck yesterday. She wrecked it. She called her insurance company and they told her we needed to file the claim thru ours, even though it was her driving! MM called ours this morning. Apparently, it is state law that the owner of the vehicle does indeed file the claim with their company. The owners company then bills the borrowers insurance and gets reimbursed. This is where it gets hinky......even though neither of us were driving, and our company is being paid back for every cent they put out, our rates will more than likely go up for three years! It does not matter whether or not the person you lent said vehicle to is insured or not, you lent them the vehicle so you are also lending them your insurance!!!

Needless to say, MM really isn't happy this morning!

Oh, then he makes another call to someplace and says he needs my last two pay stubs. I tell him I don't get pay stubs. His reply? Well, you are going to have to find them somewhere. Really??? I don't get them in emails, I don't get them in the regular mail, I DON'T GET THEM!!!

Now we are both cranky..............
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Re: todays words of wisdom....

If you have been accident free for a while your insurance company should give you a pass on raising the rates, mine did.
    Last edited by K. McEuen; November 16, 2016, 05:00 PM.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

We have never claimed any accident on them. I had a minor run in w/a pole in the parking lot where I used to work and found out the estimate then called the insurance company. The damage was about $1000. If I turned in a claim, the rates were going to go up $100 for three years! Needless to say, I paid out of pocket for the repairs. I just don't understand if her policy is paying for it in the end, why it would affect our rates.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
        We have never claimed any accident on them. I had a minor run in w/a pole in the parking lot where I used to work and found out the estimate then called the insurance company. The damage was about $1000. If I turned in a claim, the rates were going to go up $100 for three years! Needless to say, I paid out of pocket for the repairs. I just don't understand if her policy is paying for it in the end, why it would affect our rates.
        As was explained to me: Insurance is on the CAR, not the driver. Clear as mud?
        sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Bubba, (re: paystub) in my line of work (accounting), my clients face this often, here's my suggestion for you:

If you are working, call your employer's payroll person. Tell them you need your last two paystubs. They should be able to print them out for you.

If you don't work, and are receiving some sort of pension or annuity, then what I suggest is providing a copy of your 2015 1099-R as well as perhaps copies of your last two bank statements showing the monthly payment being deposited.

If neither of those scenarios fit your situation, feel free to p.m. me, I may have other suggestions.

Comment

It sucks but in this state and many other insurance does follow the car. So if someone drives your car they are covered but it goes against you if they crash and you can be sued as it is your car and your insurance even if your not the driver. It sucks.
            Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

Originally posted by Altairss View Post
              It sucks but in this state and many other insurance does follow the car. So if someone drives your car they are covered but it goes against you if they crash and you can be sued as it is your car and your insurance even if your not the driver. It sucks.
              This is how it works here, also.
              Cindy

Comment

Well, I have State Farm and have had them since I was 15 years old. Other than a couple busted/chipped windshields that I had to have replaced (covered by comprehensive after I paid the deductible) the only claim I ever made was when I totaled my first Tundra. I said something about my rates going up and they said "Nope, this is your free pass." I guess since I have homeowners and several vehicles insured with them for most of my life they figured they owed me something.

Insurance following the car, not the driver, applies in this state as well.
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

What really confused us was about twenty years ago, MM had lent his car and the driver fell asleep and totaled it. At that time, we were told we could never lend any vehicle to an uninsured driver (which we did not know he was!) or our insurance would be cancelled if there was a claim from something they caused while driving it. Since then we have always made sure the drivers are insured, or they are not allowed to drive any of our cars. We were led to believe they needed insurance so theirs (the drivers) would cover things.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

This is so confusing. I really don't get the reason for the pay stubs either. What does that have to do with anything?!!

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                      This is so confusing. I really don't get the reason for the pay stubs either. What does that have to do with anything?!!
                      It has to do with something other than the accident. I've been retired 2.5 years and have never gotten a pay stub.
                      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

About 20 yrs ago, we bought a truck that turned out to be a lemon. We took it in for enough repairs that made it qualify. You have to take it to be repairs for the same thing so many times and then it can be declared a lemon. We had transmission problems, wheel shacking problems, electrical problems...on and on. Well, long story short...we were 20 days from being declared when the vehicle caught fire and burned to the ground , along with a trailer that we hauled our business in. (that's another story) Anyway, when I called the lemon people they said it didn't cover fire so we no longer had a lemon. I called the insurance company and they wanted to pay us for the truck. I refused because it wasn't their fault. We filed with Ford Motor company and they said they would get back to us. Well, another long story cut short...1 yr later, we hired a lawyer and sued them with a jury trial. in the mean time, the only way we could sue was to let the insurance co. pay us and then subrogate with the legal action. We won...yeah...and the insurance co got paid back and then they canceled us because they said the claim was so large they had no choice. Wait...they got their money! but no...canceled..
                        Here is the only way to save yourself from these actions. Get another insurance company now, before your rates go up. That way, the claim will not affect you.
                        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                        Terry

Comment

Working...
                        X