Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.....woe is me

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    .....woe is me

    Could this week get any worse? We are both sick, he is tired and now on top of it, HE IS CRANKY!!!

    To make a long story short, he lent his truck to our oldest daughter and as she was getting on the freeway in pouring down rain, she skidded off the ramp, hit the jersey barrier and wrecked his truck. Happened early this morning and after being towed out of the ditch, the officer let her go w/a hefty ticket. She then continued on her way, driving with it out of alignment and never bothered to call to tell either MM or myself!

    Now, we are talking about a 39 year old woman, who might be allowed to live to see her 40th if she straightens up her act. She is not going to like the bill, because we are not paying for it, she is not going to like her insurance increase and she certainly is not going to like the wrath of Roger.................

    Like I said, woe is me.
    pat.

    No rain....no rainbows!


    sigpic

    If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

    #2
    Re: .....woe is me

    Oh Pat - you certainly did not need that on top of everything else. Keeping you both in my prayers. I guess I should add your daughter - she has to withstand the wrath of Roger!
    Lisa

    M*QC forum is full of the best people!

    I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

    A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: .....woe is me

      I think you need a vacation - how 'bout some place warm, like GA?
      Cindy

      Comment


        #4
        Re: .....woe is me

        Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
        I think you need a vacation - how 'bout some place warm, like GA?
        How about Hawaii

        That sucks. Glad she is okay. When dd and her boyfriend were living here they broke the washing machine. How you say? They never took the coins out of his pockets and over stuffed the machine. I gave them a $400 bill. No free rides here.

        Hope your feeling better soon.
        🌺 Lorie

        Comment


          #5
          Re: .....woe is me

          Oh, bubba . . . I'm feel so bad for you and mm. On the upside, at least she didn't hit anyone else. If she had, they'd be able to go after you guys and your insurance rates would have gone up. And of course, I'm happy no one was hurt -- well besides any injuries you might have inflicted on her.

          In her defense, if it was rainy, and she wasn't used to the "feel" of the truck, I can see how she might have lost control. She probably took that ramp the same way she would have taken it in the vehicle she regularly drives and the truck didn't handle the same way. I know on the rare occasion I drive our Surburban, I have to change the way I drive. It's like a tank compared to my Camry.

          You guys really do deserve a good vacation. Do you have anything planned? It might help get through all of this if you have something to plan and look forward to.

          Hugs.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: .....woe is me

            Bubba, I have followed your posts for sometime now and it seems a dark cloud is over your life. We must all get together and pray for wind and rain to move that cloud. I have so much hurt in my heart for you and your family. No one deserves this much pain. So, let us pray, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, may your family be lifted into the light and given peace/ I know from these posts that Bubba is a good and generous and deserving person and therefore, her family would follow as the same. Please deliver her from all of these drama situations and make her life run more smoothly. We, as forum members love and cherish her presence and want her suffering to diminish. We ask that you heal this family. We love you Bubba
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

            Comment


              #7
              Re: .....woe is me

              They say the strangest things happen during a full moon and working at a hospital I can attest to that. Glad there were no injuries, but I sure understand why your husband is grumpy. Some things you can't just fix with a smile....guess your dd well not be coming over for Thanksgiving. She probably wouldn't be able to face either of you. I am sure she feels awful about this too. Maybe a glass of wine and a soak in a bubble bath would help. I mean you not her!!

              Comment


                #8
                Re: .....woe is me

                Oh, I really hope and pray they are all over this by Thanksgiving and will laugh about the event over a great meal.
                Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                They say the strangest things happen during a full moon and working at a hospital I can attest to that. Glad there were no injuries, but I sure understand why your husband is grumpy. Some things you can't just fix with a smile....guess your dd well not be coming over for Thanksgiving. She probably wouldn't be able to face either of you. I am sure she feels awful about this too. Maybe a glass of wine and a soak in a bubble bath would help. I mean you not her!!
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: .....woe is me

                  Oh Pat, at least she was not injured or killed. Vehicles can be fixed/replaced. Having said that, she still has to deal with "DAD". So sorry this is all happening to you and Roger.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: .....woe is me

                    Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                    Bubba, I have followed your posts for sometime now and it seems a dark cloud is over your life. We must all get together and pray for wind and rain to move that cloud. I have so much hurt in my heart for you and your family. No one deserves this much pain. So, let us pray, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, may your family be lifted into the light and given peace/ I know from these posts that Bubba is a good and generous and deserving person and therefore, her family would follow as the same. Please deliver her from all of these drama situations and make her life run more smoothly. We, as forum members love and cherish her presence and want her suffering to diminish. We ask that you heal this family. We love you Bubba
                    Repeating grandmaterry's Prayer for you and MM, Amen.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: .....woe is me

                      Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                      Bubba, I have followed your posts for sometime now and it seems a dark cloud is over your life. We must all get together and pray for wind and rain to move that cloud. I have so much hurt in my heart for you and your family. No one deserves this much pain. So, let us pray, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, may your family be lifted into the light and given peace/ I know from these posts that Bubba is a good and generous and deserving person and therefore, her family would follow as the same. Please deliver her from all of these drama situations and make her life run more smoothly. We, as forum members love and cherish her presence and want her suffering to diminish. We ask that you heal this family. We love you Bubba
                      Amen to that.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X