Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fear of Dentist

Originally posted by SallyO'Sews View Post
    My dentist is a total sweetheart, but I was not lying when I told him when we first met that I would rather go through unmedicated childbirth than get my teeth cleaned. I go faithfully twice a year, but only because I'm terrified that if I don't it will be worse.
    Yes everyone please take care of your teeth, no matter though, as you get older you lose bone and problems begin. That's just what my dentist told me. Also to take calcium. When I was employed I went to the dentist once a year, after I retired I stopped going because of dental insurance costing so much. Now I'm paying for it. I will be buying dental insurance for sure.
    sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
      My question is, did he give you anything for infection? Gums around teeth do not just swell and get puffy because the tooth is bad. If he didn't give you an antibiotic, it is probably still hurting for that reason. A dry socket is absolutely excrutiating. It is like a toothache x 10. Good luck with your follow up.
      Yes I've been on amoxicillin 500 mg since Thursday, taken every 6 hours. Doing a number on my stomach too. Got 3 more to take, ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolnnc View Post
        You have my sympathy and wishes for some quick relief. My dentist has to call me in a prescription for a few Valium to get me his office every six months. Once I take the Valium I don't care what they do when I get there! My back tooth cracked into several pieces in June and I had to have a crown. DH drugged me up, took me in, handed me my IPOD and I went to sleep in the chair. I had so many bad experiences at the Health Department as a child that at 60+ years old I still panic.
        Oh you poor thing. Hope all is good now. That is so funny! Either whiskey or valium huh? I know what you mean, my parents had me in the dentist chair all the time just for checkups, that is when they used gas mask! Geez!

Comment

Linda, You might want to consider taking a probiotic along with that Amoxicillin.

Comment

Try self message method for dental problems it gonna change your world

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
              Linda, You might want to consider taking a probiotic along with that Amoxicillin.
              Thank you for that suggestion. I have Activia in the fridge now and I just took another amoxicillin so I'll do just that.

Comment

Pain from tooth extractions lasts for days. Trust me, I've been there a few times.

Comment

Working...
                X