To Hoot or not to Hoot: the Night Owl Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Hoot or not to Hoot: the Night Owl Thread

Hootie hoo, how are you? I woke up around 2:30 in the afternoon which is two and a half hours earlier than I woke up the day before. I got the big stitch quilting finished on my Kaffe quilt, so that's a relief. I am working on a Christmas sampler and harvesting coneflower and milkweed seeds, which is messy.

How are things in your nest?

Re: To Hoot or not to Hoot: the Night Owl Thread

Hoot hoot i'm fine tonight I hope you are as well.I think I may have asked this before ,but I can't remember how many stitches do you get on your needle at a time and what size needle do you use for the big stitch quilting?I started some quick table runners for gifts but no other projects right now.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

UGH! Woke up to shut the TV off and now awake. I will try and go back to sleep, too early for me.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
        Hoot hoot i'm fine tonight I hope you are as well.I think I may have asked this before ,but I can't remember how many stitches do you get on your needle at a time and what size needle do you use for the big stitch quilting?I started some quick table runners for gifts but no other projects right now.
        Well I was using #5 perle cotton so I only got two or three stitches on at a time, but I was also quilting in circles. I used a chenille needle that I had on hand, but Susan Cleveland, the lady teaching the Craftsy class recommended a Tulip brand Shashiko needle that she sells on her site for size 8 or 5 perle cotton thread.
        http://piecesbewithyou.com/product-i...ashiko-needles

For size 12 perle cotton she recommends "between" quilting needles.

Comment

Good morning! I'm still tired this morning, I went to bed way too late. I sewed a little Christmas gnome yesterday evening to go with the swap cushion. I just had to include it, it's so cute and I need to get the package shipped today because I'm a day late now.
          We didn't see the super moon yesterday, the sky was full of clouds. But we already noticed on Saturday that the moon was bigger than ususal. Today is a work day, no plans for the evening other than going to bed early.

I hope everybody has a good night or can go back to sleep. See you later when you wake up!

Comment

Thanks for the info on the Sashiko needles. Decided to get a set of longs and try the quilting style again. I first learned ages ago during an Original Sewing & Quilt Expo class but misplaced the needle we used.

No moon-watching here - overcast and foggy all night long. Bah!

Comment

Working...
            X