• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Monday, the start of a new week.

I have another busy week ahead again, and hopefully it will slow down a little after that. Philip and Maizyn arrived Thursday night and left Saturday afternoon. There was a beautiful service on Friday for Remembrance Day. Many came up to Philip to shake his hand. He was asked to visit a Veteran at the home where MIL is. He said he had a lovely visit with the Veteran and said that he made his day. As he was leaving, he saluted the Veteran. I am proud of my son. Saturday night I attended the Graduation Ceremonies at our local high school. I presented two awards on behalf of the Shawville Lionettes as I am president this year. There was a lovely lunch served afterwards.

Yesterday Les, my sister-in-law and I took a drive to the city. We visited downtown Ottawa at the Byward Market. We were in a Croc store and I was trying on sandals when my SIL asks where did you find those, that's what I am looking for? They only had the one pair and I offered them to her but she declined, so I bought them and will give them to her for Christmas. LOL!!

This morning I am going to take Doug for blood work. The sooner this gets done, the better. Tomorrow I have Victoria's Quilts, Wednesday is Flu shot day, Thursday is dr's appt and then working at the Church Supper in the evening. And then it will almost be the weekend again and that means that hubby will want to go somewhere again. Can't we just stay home?

Have a good week friends.

Today's holiday list:

Today is International Girls Day!
    Today is Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day!
    Today is National American Teddy Bear Day!
    Today is National Pickle Day!
    Today is National Spicy Guacamole Day!
    Today is Operating Room Nurse Day!
    Today is Spirit of National Speakers Association Day!
    Today is World Diabetes Day!

Discover what happened on April 19 with HISTORY’s summaries of major events, anniversaries, famous births and notable deaths.

Today is World Orphans Day!
    Last edited by Monique; November 14, 2016, 04:50 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Ginny B
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Monday, the start of a new week.

Good morning and Happy Monday to all. It was a busy weekend. Friday night dh and I went out to dinner with my sis and her boyfriend Larry. It was nice spending time with her not involving packing stuff/going through stuff/moving stuff. Saturday I picked up my new Brother Innovis and had my first lesson. However due to holiday time and travel plans and craft fairs, the woman that does the lessons on the machine and I will not be able to get back together until Dec. 10. But I have my new machine at home and while I won't be able to do any embroidery yet, I will be able to make a lot of Christmas projects with it right now. I think I am really going to enjoy not using a foot pedal. I've never operated a machine with the start/stop button.

After the class, we headed up to Peekskill to bring my 2008 Escape to my ds#1. He is thrilled and excited to have it and so is ds #2. There is no real mass transit up there so it will definitely help with getting around. We spent the night and had a nice walk in some nearby woods yesterday morning before heading home in the afternoon.

Now it's time to get this full week of work started. It's my first full week of work in quite a few weeks. But next week I only work on Monday so I am looking forward to a nice Thanksgiving week of mostly being at home and getting ready for a nice family Thanksgiving Dinner.

Have a great day everyone.
    Ginny B
    Levittown, NY

Comment

• Bubby
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

Hi Everyone,

We had a wonderful weekend of staying home and not working in Cuba. Jeff hunted Saturday and Sunday and yesterday the Girls and Jeff and I took a long walk in the woods. Olive especially loves those long walks. Dinner was breeze yesterday, as I had picked up a rotisserie chicken at WalMart earlier.

I have errands to run today and tomorrow is my mammogram. I seem to do this every year just before Thanksgiving.

Every year I shut down my sewing room from December through January of the new year and I will do the same this year so I can enjoy the holidays. I will have to find a new LAQer next year, as my friend and quilter, Reggie, is retiring. She has already sold her machine, but she will work to the end of December. She has my two Present Quilts and a table runner to finish for me. I will be giving her a quilt for her retirement. So, I will bind the quilts and finish the Christmas wall hanging for our neighbors (lighted Christmas tree panel) and I will be done for 2016.

I hope everyone has a blessed Monday....
      Last edited by Bubby; November 14, 2016, 05:30 AM.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• seaturtle
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2015

I love this time of year in GA! We finally broke down and turned the heater on this morning. It was a balmy 58 degrees when I came down to make coffee. I think our AC has been on non-stop since April.

We had an exciting weekend. My youngest DS went hunting for the first time with his BIL and shot his 1st buck - an 8 pointer! He was over the moon excited. We will have the head mounted for him for Christmas and he has asked if we can have deer steaks for Thanksgiving. My DH is not a hunter so I will have to find a recipe. Any suggestions on how to cook/marinate/deal with deer?

While they were hunting, DD and I took the grands to the orchard for apple picking and wine tasting. The grands had apple cider for their 'tasting'.

This week, we have 3 BB games and the rest of the upstairs to empty out for the much delayed and anticipated flooring project. I am still working on FMQing Edith and hope to squeeze that in sometime this week.

Have a great week, everyone!
        Cindy

Comment

• Claire Hallman
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

I am not a big fan of venison but have found the best way is to marinate it as you might a tough piece of beef. The only way I like it is done like country fried steak or ground into hamburger and mixed with regular hamburger about half and half. It is very lean meat so needs some fat or liquid added.
          Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• auntiemern
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2012

Unless it is real 'gamey' you shouldn't have to do anything to it. If you do need to marinade, use a red wine, vinegar combo. (can also use buttermilk to help with the gaminess.) We generally fry or grill our steaks...but there is almost nothing better than a really good, braised, deer roast. As far as ground meat...do NOT get pork mixed in...ask the processor to grind in a little beef suet.
            Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
            I love this time of year in GA! We finally broke down and turned the heater on this morning. It was a balmy 58 degrees when I came down to make coffee. I think our AC has been on non-stop since April.

We had an exciting weekend. My youngest DS went hunting for the first time with his BIL and shot his 1st buck - an 8 pointer! He was over the moon excited. We will have the head mounted for him for Christmas and he has asked if we can have deer steaks for Thanksgiving. My DH is not a hunter so I will have to find a recipe. Any suggestions on how to cook/marinate/deal with deer?

While they were hunting, DD and I took the grands to the orchard for apple picking and wine tasting. The grands had apple cider for their 'tasting'.

This week, we have 3 BB games and the rest of the upstairs to empty out for the much delayed and anticipated flooring project. I am still working on FMQing Edith and hope to squeeze that in sometime this week.

Have a great week, everyone!
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X