Wonderful Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful Weekend

Just got home from my very first quilters' retreat! Had a wonderful time, even though I'd developed bronchitis 2 days before I went. Doc gave me an antibiotic so I wouldn't infect anyone else and cough syrup w/ codeine, which I took only at bedtime so I wouldn't keep my roommates (my two besties) up all night with my coughing.

The retreat was at Singing Hills in New Hampshire, about a two-and-a-half hour drive from where I live in CT. The retreat included a Mary Kay makeup rep and massage therapist, along with a Bible teacher. I was able to take a nap when I felt like it, and sew when I was rested up. Also went to a couple of LQS's and picked up some fabric to make quilts for the twins DS/DIL are expecting, along with a really nice Christmas panel. All in all, just a wonderful time.

Two extra lovely things about the trip: 1. The camp has TERRIBLE cell service (there is a land-line for emergencies), so I could send & receive texts, but I only used my phone as an alarm clock. (DH read my texts but doesn't really know how to use his flip phone for texting). And I didn't even bother to bring my laptop, so no distractions with current events or Facebook (I confess to spending too much time there on a regular basis ). 2. I have tomorrow off of work, so I can spend the day putting my sewing stuff back where it belongs and continuing to work on the quilt I started at the retreat.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday evening, and a great week ahead!
    Blessings,
    ~ Sally \0/

Re: Wonderful Weekend

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. How nice!

Jeannette

Comment

I was thankful for M*'s wifi, even it it didn't work upstairs in my room! It was nice to have it down in the sewing area. Having no TV did not bother me in the least.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself,how did you find out about the retreat? Did you make it to Keepsake Quilting?
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
          It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself,how did you find out about the retreat? Did you make it to Keepsake Quilting?
          Hi, Joan! I heard about the retreat from the sister of my friend who knew I was doing some quilting and let us both know about it. They have two retreats a year for quilting, scrapbooking, and fiber arts (knitting/crochet). Here's a link: http://www.singinghills.net/quilt-retreat

We did not get to Keepsake Quilting, although a trek there is definitely on my "bucket" list.

Comment

Working...
          X