Night Owl still trying to adjust to the time @@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Owl still trying to adjust to the time @@

Hi all - I'm still having problems adjusting to the time changes. I was on Central time while in Chicago ... then travelled eastward and changed to Eastern ... and now that I've reset to daylight savings time my mind is still confused.

I was set for the DD at midnight and now I have to wait until 1am. But somehow it feels like 2 or 3 am. Sorry if you don't follow along. And I do feel like I'm babbling. Anyone else have so much trouble adjusting?

Re: Night Owl still trying to adjust to the time @@

Hi Judy I haven't totally adjusted yet either and I don't have any good reason.I haven't caught a Night Owl post in I don't know how long.There isn't much happening here this weekend it's pretty boring.I got forum mail today and that really made my day,to know that someone thinks about you is a good feeling.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I am having a hard time adjusting to the time change too, and haven't been through as many as you have. Hang in there.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

I really wish they would stop switching the times. We don't have a valid reason for them anymore. I am pretty sure I could have been voted in president if my only platform issue was to delete daylight savings time!

I'm feeling a bit of the sewing bug today. Well, after the tidy bug had a go. At least i have a cleared off cutting table! I'm currently working on a sleeve for my dollar store needle-threading glasses. If they are going to be banging around in my work bag, I should at least try to keep them from getting scratched.

It sounds like I will have more scout patches to sew. Whoo hoo!

Glad to see you all checking in!
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
          I am having a hard time adjusting to the time change too, and haven't been through as many as you have. Hang in there.
          I had to laugh, Marilynn. The first time I read it I thought you were talking about my age ~ like I've been through so many more time changes because I'm so much older! (LOL) All is good, I get it now .....

Comment

I am switched around again to being nocturnal and seem to sleep through the daylight and wake at dusk. With my Ottlite I can see to sew just fine, however. I'm still working on backstitching that tree. I've taken to drawing it on the linen with a Frixion pen. It calls for some odd beads, a flat 4mm white bead with the hole on the side, not through the center. I can't find it online anywhere but the SJ Design brand. The rest are more ordinary beads...it's odd to work with such things but since I want to do a crazy quilt with ornaments hanging on it I guess I need to get used to it. Happy hooting, everyone...

Comment

Morning, ladies! I'm up late today, we picked up Pascal at the airport in the evening and talked a while so I went to bed rather late.
              I've adjusted to the one hour time change well but I don't see the sense of doing it either. What I hate the most is going to work when it's dark and coming home when it's dark. Feels like I've got no other life than work, which is nonsense of course.

Cathy, look at this glasses case. I made a lot of these. I have one with a cheap pair of reading glasses in my kitchen and one in the sewing room permanently. http://www.threadridinghood.com/word...table-pattern/

Today, I'm going to finish my swap cushion cover, I've got to send it tomorrow. My swap partner wants a christmas themed pillow case so I made a star of small log cabin diamonds. I have the top finished and will quilt it today and then make the cover out of it. No other plans for today, it's gonna be a slow Sunday.

Comment

I finally fell asleep around 2AM but then woke up at 3AM. Just couldn't sleep so I got up. I hate it when that happens. So I'm planning on doing a little sewing, had my coffee, caught up on the internet news. I guess this means my whole day will be messed up. Bummer :-( I'll probably be back in bed by 9AM
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Working...
                X