X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iris Girl
    replied
    Re: Cook Book question

This app is wonderful can import a pic of each dish also. It will be a lot of typing but so worth it. I will do a few at a time, starting with the most used recipes. I also have to go through mom's and grandma's and do the favorites.
    This app does exactly what I need. The shopping list is not an issue its finding the perfect piece of meat and then figuring all the ingredients that go into the making. Or deciding on a dessert or something else while in store or on way home. It will all be with me now on my phone.

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Holy cow you people take grocery shopping seriously!! I never shop with recipes, and carry a paper list.
    I like the idea of a handy app... but I would never want to type all of mine, my mothers and my grandmothers recipes into that. But, the idea of being at the store and being able to pull up any recipe on a whim to shop is tempting. It makes sense... it's just the typing thing.

Hubs and I stop at the store all the time and the topic comes up... "What should we have for dinner?"... no list in hand. With an app... pull it up... boom.. list. But alas, the typing... again.

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

My son suggested "notes" it's already on the phone and you just type in your recipes and save them.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
    I think I found one I like its called my cook box. I can in put my recipes and ingredients rate the recipe and even add a picture. Best part no pop up ads.

Thank you all who helped me figure something out.
    Yea! You sure have a lot of perseverance! I was going to say maybe you could make some $$ by developing one.

Leave a comment:

• lilamath
    replied

I'm so fortunate to live in a small town with a great grocery store. It is 2 blocks from my home.

Leave a comment:

• CraftySweetPeas
    replied

As I come across something we will need or want, I write it on the microwave with a dry-erase marker. When we leave, I take a pic of the microwave so I have my "list" handy. Oh, and if I forget, I can call home and ask that a text with a picture of the microwave be sent to me....ah, technology! Lol!!

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

I think I found one I like its called my cook box. I can in put my recipes and ingredients rate the recipe and even add a picture. Best part no pop up ads.

Thank you all who helped me figure something out.
    Last edited by Iris Girl; November 13, 2016, 04:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Holy cow you people take grocery shopping seriously!! I never shop with recipes, and carry a paper list.
    always have a paper list of what is needed and the weeks recipes for supplies I do not have on hand. Living pay check to pay check we shop 1 week at a time. It is essential not to waste gas chasing an ingredient I missed.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

Originally posted by Grey Lady View Post
    Well, I just downloaded the latest version of the app I use by maadinfo and the ads are TERRIBLE. I take back my recommendation. I would not use this. Sorry.
    I thought this was perfect til I clicked on a recipe and got an ad, and another click another ad and so on. There has to be one out there.

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I like Pat's idea of taking a picture of the list on the fridge
    that works for shopping list but I am looking for a digital cookbook app to put My recipes in to be portable.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

I like Pat's idea of taking a picture of the list on the fridge

Leave a comment:

• Grey Lady
    replied

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
    I tried my cookbook and it does what I want well. But so many pop up ads every time I click a recipe. who makes the one you use? I see there are several called my cookbook.
    Well, I just downloaded the latest version of the app I use by maadinfo and the ads are TERRIBLE. I take back my recommendation. I would not use this. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

Not looking for a shopping list format I have paper and pencil for that. Looking for a cook book app I can put MY recipes into on a mobile device. So I can access my recipes from my device while shopping.

Thank you all for your input. I will keep looking.

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

My son asked if you have tried All Recipes? The app? He is searching now to find any thing else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X