Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are moving...again! UGH!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

    I know it is stressful for you....but I am so happy for you. Next to Hamilton, Springfield is my most favorite, other place, in Missouri. It is a great little city. As Barb said , they have some very good hospitals there, great shopping, and the home of Bass Pro Shops. There are also some very It is a decent size, with a small town feel. It is close to Table Rock Lake, Bull Shoals Lake, and Lake of the Ozarks. It is the home of Southwest Missouri State University. I really don't think you should have much trouble finding a place that will take pets. It also has some very nice little towns within just a few minutes of the city of Springfield.
    Take a breath, relax, and leave it in God's hands...it was after all His plan.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

    Marilyn......
    sigpic

    Comment


      #17
      Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

      Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
      I know it is stressful for you....but I am so happy for you. Next to Hamilton, Springfield is my most favorite, other place, in Missouri. It is a great little city. As Barb said , they have some very good hospitals there, great shopping, and the home of Bass Pro Shops. There are also some very It is a decent size, with a small town feel. It is close to Table Rock Lake, Bull Shoals Lake, and Lake of the Ozarks. It is the home of Southwest Missouri State University. I really don't think you should have much trouble finding a place that will take pets. It also has some very nice little towns within just a few minutes of the city of Springfield.
      Take a breath, relax, and leave it in God's hands...it was after all His plan.
      Marilyn....after three days on-line and on the phone....I already feel discouraged! The pets is an issue already; you wouldn't believe the scams on craigslist. you wouldn't believe the bad reviews on so called "property management" businesses. I just need one person that I know and trust in the area to get me within 6 degrees of someone who can help! Doing this out of state is for the birds; and I'm so uncertain of when to give my notice at work.....my mind is running 100 miles a minute and no path to be on yet!
      Sherri

      "Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

      Comment


        #18
        Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

        Hi, Have you given any thought to renting in Ozark, Nixa or Rogersville, Mo. All these towns are probably withing a 20 minute commute to Springfield. Depending on location in Springfield it can take longer to get across town than living 8-15 miles away. Good Luck on your move. Joan

        Comment


          #19
          Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

          Originally posted by shermur View Post
          Marilyn....after three days on-line and on the phone....I already feel discouraged! The pets is an issue already; you wouldn't believe the scams on craigslist. you wouldn't believe the bad reviews on so called "property management" businesses. I just need one person that I know and trust in the area to get me within 6 degrees of someone who can help! Doing this out of state is for the birds; and I'm so uncertain of when to give my notice at work.....my mind is running 100 miles a minute and no path to be on yet!
          Wish I was closer to there...I would go see what I could find...Also wish I still had friends down there....hang in hun.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

          Marilyn......
          sigpic

          Comment


            #20
            Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

            Originally posted by Dakota Girl View Post
            Hi, Have you given any thought to renting in Ozark, Nixa or Rogersville, Mo. All these towns are probably withing a 20 minute commute to Springfield. Depending on location in Springfield it can take longer to get across town than living 8-15 miles away. Good Luck on your move. Joan
            Joan - yes, I have looked in Willard, Republic, Nixa, Rogersville and further out.....what is affordable is too small or the place is just too expensive, or they don't allow pets. Then, if you go further out, the commute is getting too far. I even thought about Bolivar, but the school district there is questionable, not to mention, my sister's ex-husband lives there and I won't live near him!
            I do have family in the areas of Springfield and Willard....I have told them to deep their eyes and ears open! I hope to hear something this week?
            Sherri

            "Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

            Comment


              #21
              Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

              This is becoming a nightmare......
              Sherri

              "Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

              Comment


                #22
                Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

                As I've said many times on other posts - moving sucks!
                .
                I was looking online this weekend for homes in Springfield. I found some that I wouldn't want my dog to live in, found some others that looked decent, in decent looking neighborhoods, and even some that allowed pets with an added "pet rent" of $15.00 per month. I'm not sure what your price range is, but a couple I saw were about $750 a month and I would have been ok living in them. Of course I saw some others that were well over 1K a month for rent, which I think is way too much. You can buy for that
                K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.


                Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

                  Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                  As I've said many times on other posts - moving sucks!
                  .
                  I was looking online this weekend for homes in Springfield. I found some that I wouldn't want my dog to live in, found some others that looked decent, in decent looking neighborhoods, and even some that allowed pets with an added "pet rent" of $15.00 per month. I'm not sure what your price range is, but a couple I saw were about $750 a month and I would have been ok living in them. Of course I saw some others that were well over 1K a month for rent, which I think is way too much. You can buy for that
                  You're correct, Ms. Karen....it is cheaper to buy if in the recent past you weren't forced to short your home and relocate in the first place. I am thankful we didn't purchase a home here in Arkansas. It will be another couple of years before we can even think about qualifying to buy. We will still have to rent. I think I am getting closer to finding something using the 6 degree method. Start with very well known person to get you to someone you need to find by the 6th person!
                  The scary part? How much is the company going to help us this time?
                  Sherri

                  "Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

                    Phew, I can see why you'd feel stressed out. I hope things start to go more smoothly soon.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

                      Shermur, it sounds like it's time for the kids to step up and do Christmas this year. I remember the year my mother had to have surgery right before Christmas and my brother and I put up decorations and did Christmas dinner. It was not exactly how Mom would have done it but it got done and we had Christmas dinner just fine. In fact, I remember that one better than many of the others.
                      Patrice S

                      Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight, Rocketeer

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

                        Originally posted by cashs_mom View Post
                        Shermur, it sounds like it's time for the kids to step up and do Christmas this year. I remember the year my mother had to have surgery right before Christmas and my brother and I put up decorations and did Christmas dinner. It was not exactly how Mom would have done it but it got done and we had Christmas dinner just fine. In fact, I remember that one better than many of the others.
                        Oh that sounds like a lovely idea. Our family is so spread out over the country...married daughter number 1 lives in Vermont, married son number 1 lives in Texas (Austin area), single son lives in Independence, MO in a small apartment, single daughter (w/toddler) lives in small apartment in Kansas City, MO.
                        So, there's really not an option to expect the kids to host any holiday functions this year. Maybe someday.....
                        Sherri

                        "Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

                          Originally posted by shermur View Post
                          Oh that sounds like a lovely idea. Our family is so spread out over the country...married daughter number 1 lives in Vermont, married son number 1 lives in Texas (Austin area), single son lives in Independence, MO in a small apartment, single daughter (w/toddler) lives in small apartment in Kansas City, MO.
                          So, there's really not an option to expect the kids to host any holiday functions this year. Maybe someday.....
                          No reason to expect YOU to, either, under the circumstances.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

                            Originally posted by shermur View Post
                            Oh that sounds like a lovely idea. Our family is so spread out over the country...married daughter number 1 lives in Vermont, married son number 1 lives in Texas (Austin area), single son lives in Independence, MO in a small apartment, single daughter (w/toddler) lives in small apartment in Kansas City, MO.
                            So, there's really not an option to expect the kids to host any holiday functions this year. Maybe someday.....
                            Oh, sorry. When you said you told the kids you that Christmas would be compromised, I thought you meant the Christmas celebration.
                            Patrice S

                            Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight, Rocketeer

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

                              OMG!
                              2 of the three home viewings we had made appointments for, fell through yesterday. I so wish if people say they're going to do something, at least their work is their bond. Yikes!
                              Oh, and then, there were the ignorant people who wants a photo or even a video of our pets to make the assessment of whether they are "aggressive or not". Really? That just tells me they have trust issues and passing judgement on our family before we can even get our foot in the door!
                              So, it is safe to say, this trip was not productive and not near what I expected. The only good part of our running around yesterday? The quilt shop I walked into....that was a WOW and very exciting!
                              Sherri

                              "Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X