We are moving...again! UGH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are moving...again! UGH!

Hubby's company has decided since the "new facility" isn't working out here in the River Valley, the facility is being closed. Hubby has been offered a transfer back to Missouri around the Springfield area.

I am excited to back back to my home state, but...moving around Christmas time and finding somewhere to go within 30 days? OMG! Lord, give me strength....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Re: We are moving...again! UGH!

Good luck Sherri. I guess you'll be home shopping. Just think, maybe you can get that dream sewing room, if you don't already have it.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
      Good luck Sherri. I guess you'll be home shopping. Just think, maybe you can get that dream sewing room, if you don't already have it.
      Nice thought, Karen....we can't buy yet due to taking such a loss on our home we tried to sell after the first job transfer. We are still ineligible to buy a home. And, in hind-sight...I'm glad we didn't purchase a home here in Arkansas. We are in the "finding a rental that will accept pets" heck!
      Sherri

Comment

Perhaps you will be able to find a job with a better fit, an awesome quilt guild, AND a rental property that allows pets and has a corner or room for your sewing and quilting! Think positively! My mom and Dad moved a lot before I was 3. My mom said just about the time she would unpack that last box and settle in, she would be packing again! I know it is a lot of work and uncertainties, but look for the rainbows! You are sure to find some pluses in there somewhere!

Comment

Sherri....What a surprise! There is an awesome quilt guild in Springfield (one of the best) and at least two good quilt shops and fabric stores. There is also very good medical care.

I hear there are good apartments in Spfld but I don't know about the pet policies. I have heard that you have to make a large additional deposit for pets plus pay more rent than non-pet tenants.

Good luck with your new adventure. It is such a good thing you didn't buy in Arkansas! Hugs, Barb
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Sadly it is the new trend to charge 'pet rent'. Crazy I think. We already pay a pet deposit and rent deposit. Those are to cover any damages and such. Pet rent is just another way to raise the rents. It is not like we get anything extra then the non pet residents. I refused to accept the pet rent so they added to my concession to cover it.
            Karen
            Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I wish you a stress free move. I still have Halloween decorations up and it's already stressing me out to put those away and bringing out Christmas stuff. So I can't imagine moving too.

Good luck
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Oh my, what a challenge for you. But you'll be in Missouri, which is nice. I have some fond memories of Springfield. My grandmother lived there. My grandfather built houses in the area.

Comment

Wow will you be anywhere near MSQC? That would definitely be a bonus, but could be tough going on the credit card lol!!! If you can afford it maybe you could rent a small house instead of apartment. House rentals are more forgiving when it comes to pets, and you can usually get one with a garage too. Good luck! It will all get done in time, youll see.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes....needing prayer for sanity. I've told our kids that Christmas maybe compromised this year and goodness knows when we'll have it or even if we'll get decorations out this year. Halgal13 (Halona) has her sweet 16 on December 22nd right as Christmas break from begins and the moving will start.

jj....Springfield is in the south end of Missouri, where MSQC is in the north part. I have been checking out the quilt guild on line, they just had their bi-annual quilt show in September. I will miss the quilt guild here in Fort Smith.....
                    Sherri

Comment

Wishing you all the best (sanity included) with this move.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Take one step at a time, and remember to breath! It will all come together. Wishing you the best and hoping you can find a new place quickly.
                        Cindy

Comment

Maybe this year you'll have a more relaxed Christmas. I wouldn't worry about a bunch of decorations, etc. Just concentrate on the move, finding a place to live, etc. I pray all goes smoothly for you.

Comment

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you find the right place quickly and moving goes smoothly.

Comment

Aw girlfriend! I know how you feel. Moving.... well it just sucks! Yes, it's an adventure. Yes, it's a chance to scale back, trim down, get rid of excess baggage, purge and replace....but it just sucks! It was easy in our 20s. Exciting even. But now? I haven't even finished hanging pictures and there are still a few boxes in corners waiting for me. I just don't feel inspired. And my move was back in JULY!!!

I will be praying that you are able to find a place you love, that takes pets (aka family members!) and you get settled as soon as possible. Glass half full: You're going to be close to a lot of neat people and quilty fun stuff!!!
                              sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Working...
                              X