It's Friday!! A special day today here in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Friday!! A special day today here in Canada

Good morning dear friends. Yes it is a special day here today. It's Remembrance Day. Today we will honour and remember those who served and died in the line of duty.

Phil and Maizyn are here today and we will attend the services in Shawville this morning.

I have sandwiches to make for two services this morning, so I better get Maizyn her breakfast and then make sandwiches.

Have a great day everyone.

Thank you to all of you who have served and/or serving now.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: It's Friday!! A special day today here in Canada

It's Veterans Day here too. Thanks to all that have and are currently serving.

Comment

Good morning all. On this Veterans Day I say Thank you to all those who are serving and have served our country as well as their families.

Have a Happy Friday everyone.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Hi Everyone....

Special thanks to all who have served and are currently serving our country.

Isn't the new tutorial cute? I will make one for our spare room, which is somewhat 'woodsy'. We have a Double Slice quilt in there now, but something new and fresh would perk that room up a little and take attention away from the full-size mounted turkey on top of the dresser. Guests always get kick out of it when they sleep in 'the turkey room'.

Jeff is off today but he's taking the truck to the city for an oil change and tire rotation. He will be gone a few hours so I plan to get a few things done.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Turkey.jpg
        Last edited by Bubby; November 11, 2016, 06:34 AM.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning. A great day to give thanks and remember all service men and women, who have served to give us our freedoms. Off work today, except for one brief conference call. Have my annual physical, grocery shopping and house cleaning on the agenda today. In between I hope to finish the quilting on a strip quilt. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Good Morning! A huge thank you to our veterans and those currently serving. Dh took the children to the American Legion service this morning.

Not a whole lot planned for the day. I am wanting to get some sewing done sometime.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.

Comment

Happy Veterans Day and thanks to all who served!

I'm about to start cutting fabric for a winter quilt for my bed. I needed more pieces and my order from Monday arrived yesterday. I can begin cutting and start piecing! It will be a nice easy pattern, no points involved! Hope it turns out as pretty as I envision!

Have a great day!

Comment

Thinking of my grandfather today who was a POW in Hong Kong at the end of WWII, and how much his incarceration affected my life and how sad I am that there is still so much war in our world today. I wonder if I will ever see peace in my lifetime. It makes me sad to think probably not.

On a happier note, my sister is here! Picked her up on Wednesday night and I'm still trying to recover from staying up until 2 a.m.! Spent the first 3 days of the week in court with a friend...sure hope her ex goes to jail. It was an exhausting few days and exciting last two days so I'm looking forward to just relaxing this evening! Might cook up a roast chicken with stuffing for dinner....or just have toast and tea! LOL! We'll see how tired I am! Right now I've hit the proverbial wall and feel like I need a nap!

This weekend we are going to a comedy show and then perhaps working on my spare room!! I may actually get some sewing started for xmas!! Wooot!!

Comment

Been attached to my sewing machine making table runners for Xmas gifts for all my family, hence my absence.

Took time out and attended the Remembrance Day service with my oldest daughter (she was off from work). The bagpipes always make her cry and when the Piper's Lament was played she teared up. It's the 21-gun salute that usually makes me break down....but it was a wonderful service and so proud to see more people honoring those who have served.

My thanks to the men and women who serve and their families. We shall not forget.
                  Have a great day everyone.
                  Sandy B.
                  "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

For some reason (BRAIN FOG) I didn't realize that you had Veterans Day in US as well, so sorry.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

A sunny Friday afternoon. It's 65 deg., 10 deg. cooler than yest. It's been so dry this fall. I have the sprinklers going, setting the timer, running in & out & moving them as needed.

My DH is a Veteran, as are my one son & 2 step-sons. Army, Air Force, & Navy represented. DH was in Germany during the Viet Nam era. It was soon after the Berlin wall went up, so tensions were high. He was trained as a combat medic, but fortunately never had to go to Nam. He saw plenty of medical "stuff" in Germany. He drove an ambulance.

Our church has a program/speaker & lunch for the seniors once a mo. I hadn't been for a long time, but I went today. It was nice to get out for a couple hrs.

I had almost an hr. last eve. to do more FMQ on the Cutting Corners quilt. I think I have just 8 blocks left to quilt, plus the border; that shouldn't take too long. I already have the pieced binding strips sewn together & ready to go.

Well, the timer is almost ready to ring, so gotta go.

Comment

Working...
                      X